Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Magnaflow 12226 on my 09 Tacoma (pics & video)

Old 12-01-2010, 01:45 PM   #21
JM Bitney is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
JM Bitney's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pngo121 View Post
i ordered the same one along with a mbrp black exhaust tip. cant wait til they come in! got the muffler for $66 shipped and the tip for $50. great way to go for such little money. thanks for the post.
Where'd you get the Magnaflow muffler from for only $66 bucks? The cheapest I found it for was $73 dollars & free shipping.

Also, does anyone know if the type of tip you put on affects the sound or are they just for looks???

If it doesn't affect the sound, why not save the $$$ and simly use your stock tail pipe??? JMB
Old 12-01-2010, 03:07 PM   #22
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Actually dumping it made it less loud in my case. I had a bad drone before cutting it and after I did, the drone was gone. Sounds crazy but it's true.
is there any downside to dumping the exhaust under the bed such as exhaust fumes or condensation under the vehicle in cold weather? JMB
Old 12-01-2010, 05:31 PM   #24
CeRaTi
Rakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: OsKaR
Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JM Bitney View Post
is there any downside to dumping the exhaust under the bed such as exhaust fumes or condensation under the vehicle in cold weather? JMB
I don't know.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:28 AM   #25
pngo121 is on a distinguished road
Name: Phi
pngo121's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Where'd you get the Magnaflow muffler from for only $66 bucks? The cheapest I found it for was $73 dollars & free shipping.

Also, does anyone know if the type of tip you put on affects the sound or are they just for looks???

If it doesn't affect the sound, why not save the $$$ and simly use your stock tail pipe??? JMB
look on ebay. make offers to the seller. i got mines off wideopenspeed.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:41 AM   #27
pngo121's Tacoma Gallery
so i got mines put in yesterday but it doesnt sound nearly as good as yours. you have an intake on your truck also right?
Old 12-04-2010, 06:24 PM   #28
CeRaTi
Rakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pngo121 View Post
so i got mines put in yesterday but it doesnt sound nearly as good as yours. you have an intake on your truck also right?
Noup, Just the AFE drop in. Did you get somebody to hit the gas while you were near the exhaust?? How can you tell it doesn't sound good?? Just asking...
Old 12-05-2010, 07:34 AM   #29
pngo121's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakso View Post
Noup, Just the AFE drop in. Did you get somebody to hit the gas while you were near the exhaust?? How can you tell it doesn't sound good?? Just asking...
well it actually doesnt sound bad but its not as deep as i was hopinhg for. its a nice muffer all in all though. i like the quietness during cruising speeds.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:50 PM   #30
CeRaTi

Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, it's not a loud muffler while cruising. That's why I like it. Has a really good sound though.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:16 AM   #31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakso View Post
Yeah, it's not a loud muffler while cruising. That's why I like it. Has a really good sound though.
After talking to my mechanic I've decided NOT to do this install. It's not as simple as I thought it'd be. The Magnaflow muffler is smaller than the stock Toyota muffler. Which means u gotta add pipe. The hangers on the stock muffler are on the muffler. There are no hangers on the Magnaflow muffler. So you have make hangers too. Too much cutting and pasting for my taste. I found the Magnaflow catback exhaust complete for $357 online at MagnaflowDirect.com. (shipping is extra.) I'm gonna go that route instead. JMB
Old 12-06-2010, 09:24 AM   #32
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Not that big of a deal to use a new tail pipe from the muffler back... you can weld hangers on the muffler too...

Old 12-06-2010, 11:37 AM   #33
pngo121's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
After talking to my mechanic I've decided NOT to do this install. It's not as simple as I thought it'd be. The Magnaflow muffler is smaller than the stock Toyota muffler. Which means u gotta add pipe. The hangers on the stock muffler are on the muffler. There are no hangers on the Magnaflow muffler. So you have make hangers too. Too much cutting and pasting for my taste. I found the Magnaflow catback exhaust complete for $357 online at MagnaflowDirect.com. (shipping is extra.) I'm gonna go that route instead. JMB
the extension is only a couple inches and the shop will put some hangers on it so it shouldnt be a big deal. you'll save nearly $200 doing it this way, up to you though.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:36 PM   #35
magnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MACS2
Name: Matt
magnetic11's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed the magnaflow off-road pro seires on my 2011 Sport. Not sure if I'm 100% in love with it yet. Kinda sounds ricie to me, more than what I've seen and heard before.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:52 AM   #36
Blkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant future

Name: Sean
Blkturbo!'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetic11 View Post
Not sure if I'm 100% in love with it yet. Kinda sounds ricie to me, more than what I've seen and heard before.

Thats precisely what Im trying to avoid...still running stock exhaust after almost 2 years with this truck now. Cant decide what product to get
And most sound clips just dont capture real-life sound well enough.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:45 AM   #37
tacomadude18 has much to be proud oftacomadude18 has much to be proud oftacomadude18 has much to be proud oftacomadude18 has much to be proud oftacomadude18 has much to be proud oftacomadude18 has much to be proud oftacomadude18 has much to be proud oftacomadude18 has much to be proud of

Name: carlitos
tacomadude18's Tacoma Gallery
Agreed^^^ i cant decide what would be better a full exuast system, or just change the muffler.