Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Magnaflow 12226 on my 09 Tacoma (pics & video)

Old 10-25-2010, 12:11 AM   #1
CeRaTi
Rakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: OsKaR
Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Magnaflow 12226 on my 09 Tacoma (pics & video)

Ok, I got the magnaflow 12226 installed on my truck a few weeks ago.
Specs: Stainless Steel Muffler, 5X8 in. Oval Body... 2.5 in. Inlet/Outlet... Offset Inlet/Center Outlet... 2.5 in. Core... 14 in. Body Length... 20 in. Overall Length

I really like it, for me it's loud enough, quiet while cruising or idle, but it is very noticeable at take off.

I took this video today after washing my truck today.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-GEwHLisMs

Some pics:

Getting ready to put it on

Stock tip:

New oval tip: (a lil muddy, )
Old 10-25-2010, 12:37 AM   #3
tacomadude18 has much to be proud oftacomadude18 has much to be proud oftacomadude18 has much to be proud oftacomadude18 has much to be proud oftacomadude18 has much to be proud oftacomadude18 has much to be proud oftacomadude18 has much to be proud oftacomadude18 has much to be proud of

Name: carlitos
tacomadude18's Tacoma Gallery
just muffler change,
Old 10-25-2010, 01:29 AM   #4
CeRaTi
Rakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoC357 View Post
Looks and sounds great! How much did all that run you?
I think like $160 total.

Like $80 for the muffler shipped, and the rest for the installation and stainless steel oval tip.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:29 AM   #5
CeRaTi

Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomadude18 View Post
just muffler change,
?
Old 10-25-2010, 02:57 AM   #6
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
i might do the same... 20" magnaflow
Old 10-25-2010, 08:38 AM   #7
CeRaTi

Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Yup, 20'' is the body length though, 14'' is the size of the muffler.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:38 PM   #9
CeRaTi

Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
U'll like it, I recommend it. I wouldn't know about voiding warranties though.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:27 AM   #10
pngo121 is on a distinguished road
Name: Phi
pngo121's Tacoma Gallery
do you know the length of the exhaust tip? also how big is it?
Old 11-28-2010, 12:40 AM   #11
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
this muffler sounds really good on the 4 banger too
Old 11-28-2010, 11:48 PM   #12
CeRaTi

Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pngo121 View Post
do you know the length of the exhaust tip? also how big is it?
Noup, sorry.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:02 PM   #13
stoneham is on a distinguished road
stoneham's Tacoma Gallery
I've same set-up on my 1st gen and I like it
Old 11-29-2010, 02:27 PM   #14
JM Bitney is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
JM Bitney's Tacoma Gallery
Cat back on the Cheap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakso View Post
Noup, sorry.
Do I understand correctly that you had just the Magnaflow muffler and an exhaust tip installed on your '09 Taco exhaust system? Did you get both from Magnaflow or just the muffler? If you didn't get the tip from Magnaflow, where'd you get it from and what'd it cost? How'd you decide on which style of magnaflow muffler to go with? Other than better sound have you noticed any difference in performance or gas mileage? I was thinking of getting the entire Magnaflow catback exhuast system for my '10 db cab taco, but that's gonna run nearly 5 bills and if this set up does the trick for less than half of that; I'm definately interested? Please advise. thanx JMB
Old 11-29-2010, 09:44 PM   #15
CeRaTi

Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JM Bitney View Post
Do I understand correctly that you had just the Magnaflow muffler and an exhaust tip installed on your '09 Taco exhaust system? Did you get both from Magnaflow or just the muffler? If you didn't get the tip from Magnaflow, where'd you get it from and what'd it cost? How'd you decide on which style of magnaflow muffler to go with? Other than better sound have you noticed any difference in performance or gas mileage? I was thinking of getting the entire Magnaflow catback exhuast system for my '10 db cab taco, but that's gonna run nearly 5 bills and if this set up does the trick for less than half of that; I'm definately interested? Please advise. thanx JMB
Do I understand correctly that you had just the Magnaflow muffler and an exhaust tip installed on your '09 Taco exhaust system? YES

Did you get both from Magnaflow or just the muffler? Just the muffler

If you didn't get the tip from Magnaflow, where'd you get it from and what'd it cost? From the shop where I got the muffler welded, around 50 bucks (stain less steel)

Other than better sound have you noticed any difference in performance or gas mileage? YES, Better performance. Gas mileage depends on how heavy you foot is.

I recommend this muffler, loud enough for me at take off, not noisy while cruising, Good deep sound. I'm very happy with it.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:56 AM   #16
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
I have this setup on my 09 as well and I love it. Mine is dumped after the axle though.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:56 AM   #17
pngo121 is on a distinguished road
Name: Phi
pngo121's Tacoma Gallery
i ordered the same one along with a mbrp black exhaust tip. cant wait til they come in! got the muffler for $66 shipped and the tip for $50. great way to go for such little money. thanks for the post.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:54 PM   #18
JM Bitney is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
JM Bitney's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
I have this setup on my 09 as well and I love it. Mine is dumped after the axle though.
Does dumping the exhuast behind the axle result in a different or louder sound than running it all the way out the side behind the rt rear wheel does? JMB
Old 11-30-2010, 05:51 PM   #19
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Actually dumping it made it less loud in my case. I had a bad drone before cutting it and after I did, the drone was gone. Sounds crazy but it's true.