Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Whats wrong with ethanol?

Old 12-20-2010, 04:47 AM   #41
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone care to address the seemingly contradictory ironic suicidal involvement oil companies have in the use of and promotion of an agricultural product that could possibly eventually replace gasoline & eliminate the need to distill crude into petroleum thereby cutting off one leg of their profit streams? Really doesn't seem to be in their best interest does it? Oh wait, it's a legal and acceptable practice to maximize profits by diluting their advertised product down thereby creating a side industry to assist in the daily jerking of supply and demand pricing of fuel in order to fuck the most people possible out of more money for less in return in some gay ass hostage to the motor car ploy that most will swallow with pride without question.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:33 PM   #42
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
Oh wait, it's a legal and acceptable practice to maximize profits by diluting their advertised product down thereby creating a side industry to assist in the daily jerking of supply and demand pricing of fuel in order to fuck the most people possible out of more money for less in return in some gay ass hostage to the motor car ploy that most will swallow with pride without question.
I did not know you could have a sentence of this legnth while still making sense. More commas might make it easier to follow though
Old 12-21-2010, 04:06 AM   #43
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skytower View Post
I did not know you could have a sentence of this legnth while still making sense. More commas might make it easier to follow though
You know, I looked it over and thought the same thing but couldn't decide where they should go,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old 04-08-2013, 06:38 AM   #44
LDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LDurchy's Tacoma Gallery
Here in Iowa use of Ethanol is prolific. Yes avoid it in small engines. Once I took my 1985 Chev conversion van to dealer to rebuild carb. Mechanic said he never saw a cleaner carb. Did need gaskets though. My current vehicles are 1993 Toyota pickup and 2006 Toyota Sienna, both using Ethanol. No fuel issues. Nope, not even the seperation issue. I live in town and am retired so refills are spaced more. I may give up some milage, but mechanically my systems are clean which omits some maintenance costs.

Related issue
Back in 1950s as I grew up no chat about high corn cost but some fed to cows and some fed to people. Today, a biproduct of the distillation of corn in Ethanol process is a dry product called distiller's grain which is a high quality feed for cattle. Work is also being done to convert the corn stalks and other waste plant fiber into Ethanol. The Ethanol production technology is still in its infancy but further developed than 5-10 years ago. Must admit though, that non-Ethenol fuel is harder to find in Iowa.