LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

S/C exhaust

Old 08-02-2008, 09:08 AM   #21
Sleeper 4x4
Super Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Super Werty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
All the dyno runs I have seen for it show very good AFR's. But, they had stock headers. Do you think the other AFR's are a mess because they are running an O2 sim? I havent heard of a 7th injector for the 4.0's.

Oh, Welcome to TW!
Thanks for the welcome. I've seen this site before, just never bothered to sign up, I post mainly on XRU.

The 02 sim has nothing to do with the front afr sensors. The 02 sim tricks the rear 02's in the Y-pipe, which do not affect AFR

As for the 7th injector, I hadn't heard of it either...Gadget from URD was the guy helping him fix his terrible afr.

Sorry if I came on to strong, I just couldnt believe you said the AFR's were perfect after the flash. Not one single person has had 11.0 AFR....stock or modified after the s/c. I think the closest was 11.7 in which case you would still want to get tuned just to be safe.

So if you know someone that was lucky enough to have 11.0, I would be surprised.

I'm going to tune my truck soon. Just got the URD 2.825 Pulley and Mapecu2. Hoping to gain quite a bit of hp
Old 08-02-2008, 07:02 PM   #22
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Werty View Post
Thanks for the welcome. I've seen this site before, just never bothered to sign up, I post mainly on XRU.

The 02 sim has nothing to do with the front afr sensors. The 02 sim tricks the rear 02's in the Y-pipe, which do not affect AFR

As for the 7th injector, I hadn't heard of it either...Gadget from URD was the guy helping him fix his terrible afr.

Sorry if I came on to strong, I just couldnt believe you said the AFR's were perfect after the flash. Not one single person has had 11.0 AFR....stock or modified after the s/c. I think the closest was 11.7 in which case you would still want to get tuned just to be safe.

So if you know someone that was lucky enough to have 11.0, I would be surprised.

I'm going to tune my truck soon. Just got the URD 2.825 Pulley and Mapecu2. Hoping to gain quite a bit of hp
Ok. Well, Like I said, All the supercharged 4.0's I have seen have had AFR's in the 12.0 range, and thats the target I have allways aimed for when FI'ing an engine. Never had a "KaBoom", or anyother problems. My 2.7 ran @ 12.0 for almost 90,000 miles before i sold it. I guess we obviously come from different schools?
Old 08-03-2008, 03:39 AM   #23
Banned
danusa will become famous soon enoughdanusa will become famous soon enough
Army: Para Ranger, Inf. SF CIB
danusa's Tacoma Gallery
I am not afraid of the money. I`m afraid of doing it wrong.
I have the DT Headers, in my back porch.
I hope I have the right ones to bring with me before I have the S/C installed.
Opening the box will do this child no good.
Old 08-03-2008, 12:05 PM   #24
Sleeper 4x4
Super Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Super Werty's Tacoma Gallery
12.0 is probably fine, but 11.0 would be ideal for a daily driver, which most people are using these trucks for

I would hate to have had 10 more hp and half a life span, you know what I mean

and yea, the 2.7 is alot different than the 4.0
Old 08-03-2008, 03:55 PM   #25
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
12.0 is probably fine, but 11.0 would be ideal for a daily driver, which most people are using these trucks for

12.0 IS fine. After checking out your posts on XRU, seems you didnt know what a good AFR was until April of this year? You were even told on XRU that you dont need to worry unless your AFR's are 12.6 or higher. Yes the 2.7 is a different engine, I was pointing out that (since the comp ratio is close to that of the 4.0) a 12.0 AFR is very reliable. ANd that truck spent alot of time against the limiter. Now, after reading your posts on XRU, I dont see alot that gives credability to your statements. And the fact that many of your posts are about street racing takes away any respect that may have been building on my part.
Old 08-03-2008, 05:03 PM   #26
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Yeah take yer slammy posting back to that other forum. Chris 4x4 is well-respected around here as a very knowledgeable, helpful dude. you're only into us for 3 lousy posts and every one of them is a dig at Chris. NOT COOL. There is "disagreeing with respect" then there's "disagreeing with a condescending arrogance" Know the diff and you may get respect back
Old 08-03-2008, 05:20 PM   #27
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
12.0 IS fine. After checking out your posts on XRU, seems you didnt know what a good AFR was until April of this year? You were even told on XRU that you dont need to worry unless your AFR's are 12.6 or higher. Yes the 2.7 is a different engine, I was pointing out that (since the comp ratio is close to that of the 4.0) a 12.0 AFR is very reliable. ANd that truck spent alot of time against the limiter. Now, after reading your posts on XRU, I dont see alot that gives credability to your statements. And the fact that many of your posts are about street racing takes away any respect that may have been building on my part.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
Yeah take yer slammy posting back to that other forum. Chris 4x4 is well-respected around here as a very knowledgeable, helpful dude. you're only into us for 3 lousy posts and every one of them is a dig at Chris. NOT COOL. There is "disagreeing with respect" then there's "disagreeing with a condescending arrogance" Know the diff and you may get respect back

I don't know much about AFRs- but I know that Chris is the man when it comes to these trucks and engines- You are welcome to try again!!
Old 08-03-2008, 05:25 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridingontrd View Post
lmao!!
Old 08-03-2008, 05:29 PM   #30
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridingontrd View Post
youre funny dude!!!
Old 08-03-2008, 05:36 PM   #31
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
youre funny dude!!!
Thanks Ridge,Couldn't find any pics of "your a$$ just got OWNED" You made a good point in your edit.I'll work on that.
Old 08-03-2008, 05:59 PM   #32
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
I just started reading this thread, and wow! that was great Riding! lmao... Halarious man!
Old 08-07-2008, 12:25 AM   #33
Banned
danusa's Tacoma Gallery
Well, here is where I am. Please pardon the lenghth.

I`ll bring the DT headers. But I doubt that Toyo will allow you to do much
with them. I want the last two cats for now. However, they are a fire hazard
here on the farm.
Brian Sing is happy with the Flowmaster. That may work in for duals.
I`ll put the stock parts in the barn in case the law changes. Thus the
interest in bolt on with no welding. What we don`t want is something
irreversible. I have money because I buy the best once. Also, I am frugal.
Of course, it is never in my interest to disclose information unless
there is a need to know and it can`t be traced back to me. Even when it is
in my best interest and there is a need to know, I can be hogtied by law. By
the time I could get authorization, what I know is no longer actionable.
I went to the colon cancer deal 5 Aug. My next Med appt. is 12 Aug. And
after that, I know, is 27 Aug.
Shop time and price for the S/C install varies with experience. 3 to 5 hrs.
It would take me two days. However, I torque everything to specs. Not all
mechanics do. I have to refer to the installation instructions.
I re torque after a few miles and bolts are always loose; sometimes
alarmingly.
So when can we install the S/C? I suggest bringing it in at the end of the
day, getting a loaner to go home, and you have all the next day, or whatever
it takes. You may run into a problem. I expect this just as a favor. But, as
I recall, my extended warranty also covers this.
I have a couple of other minor non interfering fixes that I would like
you to do. The Roo bar is not as protective as it should be. We could modify
that. It has paid for itself. I have picked up a minor ding and a few
scratches.
I will try to call you tomorrow to make an appt.
Mom and Ron are visiting, so I have to work around them.

Thanks,

Daniel

----- Original Message -----
To: "danielness" <danusa@centurytel.net>
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2008 9:53
Subject: RE: DT Headers

> Hi Daniel. We could install them but, we don't have the ability to make
> any modifications to the exhaust, and we can't remove the cat. convertes.
>
Old 08-07-2008, 12:43 AM   #34
Banned
danusa's Tacoma Gallery
Chris 4X4.

Chris, what would you do?
I plan to have the dealer install the S/C and what he is willing of the DT headers for the warranty considerations. I have friends with shops that can build race cars from the frame up. One built an airplane.They can do from the DT headers back. I just don`t know the order to issue.
Cut outs are cool, but we have high grass. I don`t know if the 4.0L throws out flame.
After all of these mos., there are a lot of things that have not been addressed, or I have missed.
I`m a 1946 Mod. I have been runing my `60`s vehiciles `till I bought the Taco; quite a shock. I had never heard of CPU, AFR or MAF.
It is not a crime to be ignorant. It is to refuse to learn.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:40 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by danusa View Post
Chris, what would you do?
I plan to have the dealer install the S/C and what he is willing of the DT headers for the warranty considerations. I have friends with shops that can build race cars from the frame up. One built an airplane.They can do from the DT headers back. I just don`t know the order to issue.
Cut outs are cool, but we have high grass. I don`t know if the 4.0L throws out flame.
After all of these mos., there are a lot of things that have not been addressed, or I have missed.
I`m a 1946 Mod. I have been runing my `60`s vehiciles `till I bought the Taco; quite a shock. I had never heard of CPU, AFR or MAF.
It is not a crime to be ignorant. It is to refuse to learn.
Get the Supercharger installed first. That way, if there is a problem the dealer can fix it right away without blameing the headers or what not. The supercharger will run just fine on a stock vehicle.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:49 PM   #36

Quote:
Get the Supercharger installed first. That way, if there is a problem the dealer can fix it right away without blameing the headers or what not. The supercharger will run just fine on a stock vehicle.
+1 of course, he's the man^^^besides, Dan, you may justwind up quite satisfied with the SC alone! The whole exhaust thing sounds to be trouble anyhow-what with the dry grass issue and the computer headaches etc>
Old 08-07-2008, 06:12 PM   #37

Quote:
+1 of course, he's the man^^^besides, Dan, you may justwind up quite satisfied with the SC alone! The whole exhaust thing sounds to be trouble anyhow-what with the dry grass issue and the computer headaches etc>
You have a point, Frank. Dan, If you are worried about the heat from the cats, just get an after market "Y" pipe and eliminate the rear cats. Or have an exhaust shop make you one.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:19 PM   #39
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
i think you guys scared him off.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:23 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
i think you guys scared him off.
naw he usually gets on at late night