LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Basic Maint.

Old 07-26-2008, 09:36 PM   #1
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Basic Maint.

So today i drove up to Rock Thrill and went to town on my truck with tacomaman06...we changed my front and rear diff oil...tranny and tcase fluid...and my engine oil...we also put in new plugs...and cleaned the throttle body and air filter and tightened the battery terminals...

we ran some seafoam thru and smoked out wills neighbors

speaking of which...will...i smoked all the way to the gas station and then all the way to the interstate...someone was unfortunate enough to pull up next to me at a light in a little convertible...oops!

while i was there we swapped out wills suspension and put the bilstien 5100s under his truck...did a little gray wire mod too...

took most of the day but it was well worth it...truck is running TONS better and will hopefully gimme a few more miles now that ive given it a little tlc...

next up...steam bath

for the truck you perverts!
Old 07-26-2008, 09:45 PM   #2
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

deadbolt's Tacoma Gallery
sounds good man. you must feel very relieved!
Old 07-27-2008, 06:06 AM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Good job!
Old 07-27-2008, 06:23 AM   #5
Addicted is a jewel in the roughAddicted is a jewel in the roughAddicted is a jewel in the rough

Addicted's Tacoma Gallery
Your truck must love you this morning.

I'm gonna show mine some love soon as well.

BTW, what does the seafoam do?
Old 07-27-2008, 06:25 AM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted View Post
BTW, what does the seafoam do?
Its like a truck enema. It cleans the whole intake, combustion system.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:00 AM   #8
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunesDoesTRD View Post
What fluids did you use for all your replacements??

(Had a hang fire on asking that...Sorry)

mobil 1 synth both oil and gear oil...and toyota T-IV tranny fluid...

seafoam makes your truck smoke like a mother****** for awhile

i forgot to add we also changed the fuel filter and we figured out where my infernal squeaking noise in the front suspension was coming from and lubed that up...plus will greased my driveshafts up good too...

as far as someone having a sweet setup...if youre referring to my truck then thank you...if not...we did everything in wills driveway...we only had to bust out jacks/jackstands for his front suspension...

i didnt realize previously that rear shocks were side specific...we figured this out AFTER fighting wills truck to put them on...backwards of course...however we got them switched shortly thereafter

will...did i forget anything that we did?

hows the neck feeling this morning?

i'm sore...i can only imagine how you feel...did the wifey give you a massage like i suggested?

**EDIT** Brunes you can come play anytime you want to drive up from fl...i'll be glad to help you out with some stuff...tho im not the most mechanically inclined person...id bet if will isnt under the knife he'll help too...
Old 07-27-2008, 07:33 AM   #10
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Great write up! Wish you all were closer to me! Sounds like your truck is gonna love it!
Old 07-27-2008, 08:55 AM   #11
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
i didnt realize previously that rear shocks were side specific...we figured this out AFTER fighting wills truck to put them on...backwards of course...however we got them switched shortly thereafter

It is the left rear, drivers side, that is the longer on the gen. 1 trucks isn't it?

I can't remember as it's been a few years since I did my '99. Might save someone else some time if you would tell us.

Glad to hear there are less mosquitos in the area due to the foam fogging.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:59 AM   #12
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4x4trd View Post
It is the left rear, drivers side, that is the longer on the gen. 1 trucks isn't it?

I can't remember as it's been a few years since I did my '99. Might save someone else some time if you would tell us.

ummmm perhaps will can enlighten us because i honestly dont remember
Old 07-27-2008, 09:42 AM   #13
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ummmm perhaps will can enlighten us because i honestly dont remember
hey.....im finally awake!! man, i was feeling it last night after i got a shower and went for food!!! feeling it now too.....mmmmmmm, percoset!!

great job on smoking the convertible out!! good to hear that the truck is running better man!!! i tell ya one thing..............my truck rides 100 times better than with the worn out shocks. new, while on a rough piece of pavement.....you dont bounce all over the place.....very nice!!!

as for the billy 5100's on the rear......its the passenger side that actually gets the longer shock. we had it backward for a bit, and the bed sat crooked, but it was a relatively easy fix!! had fun working on everything yesterday though!!! damn good day!!

and yeah.....i got that massage, for a grand total of about 10 minutes, then the wifey went to bed!! haha
Old 07-27-2008, 09:45 AM   #14
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
hey.....im finally awake!! man, i was feeling it last night after i got a shower and went for food!!! feeling it now too.....mmmmmmm, percoset!!

great job on smoking the convertible out!! good to hear that the truck is running better man!!! i tell ya one thing..............my truck rides 100 times better than with the worn out shocks. new, while on a rough piece of pavement.....you dont bounce all over the place.....very nice!!!

as for the billy 5100's on the rear......its the passenger side that actually gets the longer shock. we had it backward for a bit, and the bed sat crooked, but it was a relatively easy fix!! had fun working on everything yesterday though!!! damn good day!!
yeah man enjoyed it...def needed...glad you got some good meds though

the longer im awake today the more sore i get so i know youve got to be feeling it
Old 07-27-2008, 09:47 AM   #15
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
yeah man enjoyed it...def needed...glad you got some good meds though

the longer im awake today the more sore i get so i know youve got to be feeling it
yeah man, i got up at noon, and im abou to go get another perc..........liven up my day some!!! it was cool working on the trucks yesterday though....good times man. so.....can you tell a difference in how your truck is running yet?? it may take a few days to get the added benefits and all, but definitely worth it bro!!
Old 07-27-2008, 09:48 AM   #16
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
yeah man, i got up at noon, and im abou to go get another perc..........liven up my day some!!! it was cool working on the trucks yesterday though....good times man. so.....can you tell a difference in how your truck is running yet?? it may take a few days to get the added benefits and all, but definitely worth it bro!!

it DEF cranks better...and it seems to be running at least back to normal...not rough...and the lack of squeaky springs is incredible
Old 07-27-2008, 09:55 AM   #17

Quote:
it DEF cranks better...and it seems to be running at least back to normal...not rough...and the lack of squeaky springs is incredible
good to hear bro!! thats what we were looking for!!

one thing i forgot to do is put the k&n recharge kit back in a bag....so we got it here. i can ship it to ya though, that aint no problem man. i just forgot about it till i saw it on the counter today.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:00 AM   #18
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
good to hear bro!! thats what we were looking for!!

one thing i forgot to do is put the k&n recharge kit back in a bag....so we got it here. i can ship it to ya though, that aint no problem man. i just forgot about it till i saw it on the counter today.
no worries...no need to waste money shippping it...ill getit from ya sometime
Old 07-27-2008, 10:04 AM   #19

Quote:
no worries...no need to waste money shippping it...ill getit from ya sometime
ok, that'll work.....you know where i live!!

now, after seeing how shitty the brakes were yesterday, i think im gonna get some ceramics for the time being from autozone, and probably turn those rotors.....gonna definitely stop better.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:38 AM   #20
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
!!!
as for the billy 5100's on the rear......its the passenger side that actually gets the longer shock.
Maybe this ought to be in the Gen. 1 section as a sticky?

Good to hear your getting around.

Products Discussed in this Thread