Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

MAF Calibrator other than URD?

Old 10-29-2010, 06:52 AM   #1
ikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud of

Marines: 3rd Force Reconnaissance Company
Name: Andrew
ikillterrorists's Tacoma Gallery
MAF Calibrator other than URD?

Are there any other kinds of MAF Calibrators for Tacomas?
Old 10-29-2010, 07:45 AM   #3
ikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud of

Marines: 3rd Force Reconnaissance Company
Name: Andrew
ikillterrorists's Tacoma Gallery
Like are there other things to make the engine run leaner?
Old 12-21-2010, 09:47 AM   #4
ZenkaiTaco is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
ZenkaiTaco's Tacoma Gallery
It looks to me like the URD calibrator is a piggy-back unit that intercepts the MAF signal and alters it before it gets to the ecu, there by fooling the ecu into making fuel adjustments.

If this is the case then there are a few other AFC's (air fuel controllers) that work the same way. The Apex-I Super AFC 1, 2, or NEO are good units that are easy to learn on and have their own screen so no laptop is required. And can be had used for 100-200 dolars easily.

Whenever I get my Taco and start modding I will probably go ahead and try my Super AFC 2 out on it since I have one just laying around that I used to use on my Eclipse. I'll just have to figure out which wire is what on the ECU harness of the Taco.