Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

2 battery setup help

Old 10-29-2010, 09:52 AM   #1
Sproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud of
Sproulesxrunner's Tacoma Gallery
2 battery setup help

Hey Guys,

I'm new to the Tacoma World forum. I have an 08 xrunner and I was looking at putting in a two battery set up in the truck. I already have another battery and isolator and its for my large amps. Can you guys tell me where others have placed another battery with some pictures preferably? Thanks in advanced.
Old 10-30-2010, 06:28 PM   #2
kartracer will become famous soon enough
kartracer's Tacoma Gallery
this is what i did

this is what i did it worked great all i had to do is build the try and hold down
Attached Thumbnails
2 battery setup help-dsc00065.jpg   2 battery setup help-dsc00064.jpg  
Old 10-30-2010, 06:38 PM   #3
Sproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud of
I just realized I talked to you on Xr underground haha. Are those the regular sized batteries or are they smaller?
Old 10-30-2010, 06:47 PM   #4
Just 2 regular yellow tops
Old 10-30-2010, 07:06 PM   #5
Did you have to weld anything or fabricate anything thing else other than the brace on the top?
Old 10-30-2010, 07:16 PM   #6
I built a tray to hold them that was alot stronger because of the waight and the stock one is plastic and to small
Old 10-30-2010, 07:54 PM   #7
what kind of stereo you running from that 2 yellow top set up?
Old 10-30-2010, 08:07 PM   #8
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...my-system.html this is my 08 hears the link to what I have it's over 2000 whats
Old 10-31-2010, 10:07 AM   #9
Wow. Thats unreal. I only have Alpine head unit, Alpine type R's 110 watt rms X 4, Alpine 450 watt amp, 1 JL 13.5 W7 and a 1000/1 amp. I am guessing your ran 0 gauge wire through the fire wall and to the amp. Did you run into any problems with the install. By the way you did a great job.
Old 10-31-2010, 11:18 AM   #10
yep 1/0 stinger wire it went smooth as can be the only thing that I kinda messed up on the back seats because i wanted them to still lift up with my amp rack there and I cut the gray loop off of the back of them and wish I didn't I will fix it one day and the power wire there was a extra grommet on the passenger side by the abs stuff that I ran it through thanks for the kind comment
Old 10-31-2010, 11:35 AM   #11
You probably have unreal sound quality from your set up. You did a great job on the sound damping also. Did you find it difficult to run the speaker wire through the doors? Did you have to take out the front seats? I have a custom built sub box that fits where your amp rack goes that is 2.375 cubic feet and has a port tuned to 31 Hz. Hopefully I can fit the amps underneath the front seats. Did you get a wiring harness that allows you to use the steering wheel controls? Any words of warning before I start?
Old 10-31-2010, 12:07 PM   #12
it is a royal pain to get the wires into the doors one trick is spray in the rubber tube with wd40 the 1000/1 will hang out the back if you put it under the seat and on the passenger side there is a bar you will have to take out or flip it up the other way and what i recommend is take the front seats out first thing they will just be in the way the hole time i did get the controller to use the steering wheal controls on my truck i gutted the entire interior to do the install because i put 2 layers of dynamat on the entire truck in the end it dose sound great
Old 11-03-2010, 06:47 PM   #13
Do you have any pics of while you were installing the stereo? The end product looks great but I just want to learn from how you did it thanks.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:20 PM   #14
No almost all of it was done late at night and taking pics was the last thing I was worried about