Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Question about AFE intake

Old 11-01-2010, 12:57 PM   #1
LouTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Lou Taco
LouTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Question about AFE intake

I have a AFE Stage 2 CAI i am about to install it i was wondering use red plug or no plug? Also do you need to reset comp after install?
Old 11-02-2010, 08:39 PM   #2
LouTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Lou Taco
LouTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Ok Left plug out it is loud, will putting plug in quiet it down a little? Heres some pics of finished product i made plexi cover just for fun
Old 11-02-2010, 08:42 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Oh that plug. Yeah if you use it it will be quieter. Really it is there so you can pull it open on race day but you suck in hot air when it's out.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:45 PM   #4
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
i leave mine off. but my truck is loud as hell anyways when you get on it.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:04 PM   #5
Ecapskcab is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Security Forces
Ecapskcab's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't feel it was necessary to make a new thread so I figured I would piggy back off of this one.

After the install of my Afe cai i had 2 remaining bolts that held in place the OE air box. Now, there are two open holes from where they came. Should I put them back or leave them off? I suppose my question is will anything be damaged if they are missing?
Old 11-30-2010, 06:36 PM   #6
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nope just leave them off, nothing will get damaged. Keep them though so when you go to pass smog, or sell the truck or sell the intake you can put them back.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:10 PM   #7
Ecapskcab is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Security Forces
Ecapskcab's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you for the quick reply.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:17 PM   #8

Yeah sure, i just feel there is less stuff to fall off this way
Old 12-01-2010, 06:54 AM   #9
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Personally I put them back in unless they intefere with something. If I don't do this then a year or two or three down the road I don't have to try and remember why I have 2 bolts stored away somewhere, that I can't figure out where they go, or why I saved them.