Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Exhaust Differences

Old 07-30-2008, 02:16 PM   #1
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Exhaust Differences

I accidentally ordered the wrong Gibson Exhaust. It was for the 2wd extended cab, i need it for the reg cab . ohhh well. So, should it be a pretty easy fix? Just a cut and weld?

Is the difference just length? Thanks.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:18 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dually View Post
I accidentally ordered the wrong Gibson Exhaust. It was for the 2wd extended cab, i need it for the reg cab . ohhh well. So, should it be a pretty easy fix? Just a cut and weld?

Is the difference just length? Thanks.
The difference is just the length before the muffler. I think the kit has a 19" peice that you omit if you have a reg. cab. If not, just cut it to fit.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:19 PM   #3
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dually's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome, thats not too bad then! Thanks!

Also, anyone know how much an exhaust hanger remover is?
Old 07-30-2008, 07:25 PM   #4
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Awesome, thats not too bad then! Thanks!

Also, anyone know how much an exhaust hanger remover is?
One of these?

Or these?
Old 07-30-2008, 07:31 PM   #5
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
LOL no no, the little tool that removes the rubber hangers WITHOUT using my weapons of choice. haha

found one: http://www.handsontools.com/Lisle%20....shopzilla.com
Old 07-30-2008, 07:35 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
LOL no no, the little tool that removes the rubber hangers WITHOUT using my weapons of choice. haha

found one: http://www.handsontools.com/Lisle%20....shopzilla.com
ah, just spray some wd-40 or something slick on them, they slide off fairly easily.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:41 PM   #7
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
Alright will do. This weekend will be fun with the new exhaust and all the general maintenance im doing on the taco.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:46 PM   #8
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Alright will do. This weekend will be fun with the new exhaust and all the general maintenance im doing on the taco.
hell yes............general maintenance is always fun!!! let us know how you like the exhaust after you are done with it!!!
what else you doing to the truck this weekend??
Old 07-30-2008, 07:50 PM   #9
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
If my memory serves me correctly:
Install Exhaust
Grease front wheel bearings
Paint calipers and drums
Change tranny and differential oil
New fuel filter
Grease chassis
and swap out headunits, from the camry.

Im pretty sure i forgot something, but thats pretty much it lol. Just bought this truck in June with 113k on it. Wanna make sure she is well taken care of!
Old 07-30-2008, 07:54 PM   #10

Quote:
Install Exhaust
Paint calipers and drums
New fuel filter
Grease chassis

Im pretty sure i forgot something, but thats pretty much it lol. Just bought this truck in June with 113k on it. Wanna make sure she is well taken care of!
very nice!!! glad to hear you are keeping it in tip top shape!!! im much the same way!! got my 04(traded my 06 prerunner for it) a few weeks back and i have been going thru that thing like a hurricane getting everything the way it needs to be!!! have fun with it man!
Old 07-30-2008, 07:55 PM   #11

Quote:
Install Exhaust
Paint calipers and drums
New fuel filter
Grease chassis

Your on the right track, friend! ANd I second the WD-40 on the exhaust hangers.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:55 PM   #12
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
Oh yeh i am haha. Now im looking at bucket seats instead of the bench. any ideas?
Old 07-30-2008, 07:56 PM   #13

Quote:
Oh yeh i am haha. Now im looking at bucket seats instead of the bench. any ideas?
for the seats, you may wanna try a junk yard first,or rather see if the frames will fit, then try a junk yard or ebay. may be your best bet.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:58 PM   #14
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
Yeh, thats what i was thinking. I have a couple buckets in my garage that are supposed to go in the 66' Chevy, but i think they might find a new home in my Taco! haha
Old 07-30-2008, 08:00 PM   #15

Quote:
Yeh, thats what i was thinking. I have a couple buckets in my garage that are supposed to go in the 66' Chevy, but i think they might find a new home in my Taco! haha
hell yeah.....use what ya got!!! i like it!!! a little fab work is always cool!!!
Old 07-30-2008, 08:02 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
a little fab work is always cool!!!
Yeeeah!!!!!
Old 07-30-2008, 08:06 PM   #17
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
My oldman is the master of fab work haha! Check it out:

Old 07-30-2008, 08:07 PM   #18

Quote:
My oldman is the master of fab work haha! Check it out:

now thats cool as hell!!! looks like a hella fun project there!!
Old 07-30-2008, 08:10 PM   #19
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks! One quick question. Is there a high flow cat for 2.4L? Havent been able to find one.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:12 PM   #20

Quote:
Thanks! One quick question. Is there a high flow cat for 2.4L? Havent been able to find one.
not sure if there is one per say for that motor, but you can probably get a high flow one from magnaflow and install it in place of the old one without any problems. chris4x4 will know more about that than i would i do believe though.