Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

C.a.i.

Old 08-03-2008, 08:21 PM   #1
branct06 has a spectacular aura aboutbranct06 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Thomas
branct06's Tacoma Gallery
Question C.a.i.

I have a k&n CAI and i was thinking about changing it to the urd CAI, is this worth doing? also with the urd unit it says their maf calibration system helps a lot with performance is this true? if so by how much
Old 08-03-2008, 10:40 PM   #2
jguinn2005 is on a distinguished road
jguinn2005's Tacoma Gallery
I emailed URD about a descrepency on their website, which they cleared up and also asked them about the MAF Calibrator, here is what they sent me:

"The URD MAF Sensor Calibrator is not required for the intake. Our intake works perfectly without it unlike many other intakes on the market, ours does not induce any MAF sensor error.

You will get better performance and gain with it and we have a special program just for our intake."

So all in all, if you're just looking for the intake or are working on a budget the CAI by itself should work just fine, it appears that the Calibrator will just enhace its performance, and that of other mods, if any, that you have done.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:46 PM   #3
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
The thing about the urd intake is that its right behind the grill and well when it rains or you get in a water puddle of some kind you suck in the water and well it just sucks alot of people dont like it because of that issue.