Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Multi-Reader?

Old 08-04-2008, 09:30 AM   #1
jguinn2005 is on a distinguished road
jguinn2005's Tacoma Gallery
Multi-Reader?

I've seen MULTIPLE videos on youtube and other places that have a digital readout of mechanical and electrical conditions throughout the truck right behind the steering wheel. Below I've included a sample video, but does anyone have any idea what brand these guys are using? How much? and are they worth it to see exactly what your truck is doing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_7sfAx3KAc
Old 08-04-2008, 09:39 AM   #2
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
I watched the video just now w/o sound, so this may be a stupid comment... but HOLY COW that guy was revving it up. He was up in the 4 and 5k RPM range! I guess he doesn't care so much about his MPGs!

Isn't that just the scanguage that people post about all the time? I don't have one, so I don't know. I like that it's orange like the dash, though.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:08 AM   #3
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
It's just a ScanGauge.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:15 AM   #5
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXFreeStyle61 View Post
Scangauge II, I have one. I love it.
Are you the one that did the how-to on your install above the mirror? Care to give a link?

It looks really sharp up there, btw.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:16 AM   #6
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
yep, scanguage. Mine comes in on friday!
Old 08-04-2008, 10:18 AM   #7
Displaced Texan
MotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to all

Air Force: 1LT
MotoXFreeStyle61's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MotoXFreeStyle61 Send a message via MSN to MotoXFreeStyle61
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws4ua View Post
Are you the one that did the how-to on your install above the mirror? Care to give a link?

It looks really sharp up there, btw.
I can't take the credit for that. I know that someone bought a bracket and installed it up there. I just drilled a hole through the Scangauge II plastic case and put a bolt through that and the upper upholstery. Pretty simple actually.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:30 AM   #8

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
I decided to stop being lazy and found the thread I was talking about here.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:14 AM   #9
mneuls is just really nicemneuls is just really nicemneuls is just really nicemneuls is just really nicemneuls is just really nice

mneuls's Tacoma Gallery
the scanguage is pretty expensive, but just being able to see my mileage has helped me increase my economy from around 16.8 mpg, to about 24ish mpg.

I can also see instantaneous hp, coolant temperature, digital rpm and speedo, intake air temp, throttle position, and many more things. it is also a obd2 code reader.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:35 PM   #11
Displaced Texan
MotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to all

Air Force: 1LT
MotoXFreeStyle61's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MotoXFreeStyle61 Send a message via MSN to MotoXFreeStyle61
Quote:
Originally Posted by mneuls View Post
the scanguage is pretty expensive, but just being able to see my mileage has helped me increase my economy from around 16.8 mpg, to about 24ish mpg.

I can also see instantaneous hp, coolant temperature, digital rpm and speedo, intake air temp, throttle position, and many more things. it is also a obd2 code reader.
You can see instantaneous hp???? What year and model Taco do you have? I don't get that. Maybe my scangauge II needs a firmware update.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:37 PM   #12
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXFreeStyle61 View Post
You can see instantaneous hp???? What year and model Taco do you have? I don't get that. Maybe my scangauge II needs a firmware update.
check out www.scanguage.com , the new xguage gives out that reading. To add onto your is only $25!
Old 08-05-2008, 01:42 PM   #13
jguinn2005 is on a distinguished road
jguinn2005's Tacoma Gallery
ok, so I've done some research on ScanGuage II ... looks nice. Question about one of its abilities though. I notice that you can clear trouble codes if needed ... how about clearing something from the ECU's memory that the dealer would look at and say could void the warranty?

Honestly, I'm hard on my truck, I've always been hard on my vehicles and therefore they do break from time to time. But I know with the newer vehicles they record events that may end up voiding the warranty in the end should a problem arise.

Any ideas?