Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

fram paper air filter= poop

Old 11-23-2010, 07:28 PM   #1
Blaise22 has a spectacular aura aboutBlaise22 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Blaise
Blaise22's Tacoma Gallery
fram paper air filter= poop

a week before I got my aero turbine installed I replaced my k&n drop in with a fram paper filter beacuse I found dust in my air box. Its been a few months and I just started to get annoyed by the lack of power and torque that I thought was caused by the decreased back pressure. My truck felt like a loud prius, I would step on it off the line and it felt like I had zero torque and hp it would rev high and just not move like it should. This morning I put the k&n filter back in there, pulled up to my first intersection, got on the gas and was like holy balls this thing pulls like a mofo. I couldnt stop flooring my gas pedal it feels like it shifts through the gears much smoother and pulls much longer and harder in each gear. I would definetly recommend the aero turbine now that I have felt the true difference over stock. Im hooked on this whole performance thing now, I cant wait to get my afe stage 2 cai and DTLT headers Oh moral of the story, I dont know about the OEM paper filter but the fram is insanly restrictive im going to be burning that in our bon fire this weekend
Old 11-23-2010, 07:43 PM   #2
Official Flatlander
Gieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gieser's Tacoma Gallery
at least its good for something

Old 11-23-2010, 07:44 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
TRD please, thanks.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:07 AM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gieser View Post
at least its good for something

haha exactly, I hope this perfectly good fire burning material isnt being used as an air filter in anybodys truck.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:09 AM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
TRD please, thanks.
I dont know what that means friend?
im assuming trd instead of oem
Old 11-24-2010, 02:18 AM   #6
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
AFE pro dry S FTW!!

i'm thinking he was saying the TRD filter is better. it's not paper either. i'm not sure of the exact media, but it's more like the K&N/AFE, etc
Old 11-24-2010, 04:35 AM   #7
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
AFE pro dry S FTW!!

i'm thinking he was saying the TRD filter is better. it's not paper either. i'm not sure of the exact media, but it's more like the K&N/AFE, etc
It's oiled gauze of some kind...not sure if it's cotton or synthetic.