Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

TRD or AFE cold are intake? Also unknown exhaust?

Old 11-27-2010, 09:36 PM   #1
Heschke is on a distinguished road
Heschke's Tacoma Gallery
TRD or AFE cold are intake? Also unknown exhaust?

Im looking for some help performance wise. First off I have a 2005 4.0L V6. The truck came with an aftermarket exhaust on it. It is a single pipe cat back that dumps out right before the rear axel. It says flowmaster on it but on their website they have nothing like it only dual exhaust. Is this something custom with just a flowmaster muffler, or a kit flowmaster no longer makes?
Secondly I just purchased a used unichip for $250, good or bad buy? I am looking to get a AFE or TRD intake to go with the chip and exhaust. which do you recommend? Or should i just keep the stock intake (I have a K&N high flow filter). Any insight would be appreciated. Also info on the price and process to program a unichip for your mods. Thanks!

PS: Did some research and realized that the TRD and AFe intakes are actually the same with the only difference being a extra intake vent on the bottom of the AFe. With that slight difference in mind is there still any advantages or disadvantages between the two?