Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Flowmaster 817432 on '11 Models

Old 11-30-2010, 10:19 AM   #1
...and we're back!
Benson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
Benson X's Tacoma Gallery
Flowmaster 817432 on '11 Models

Hey, NooB here. I was just wondering if anyone has put the Flowmaster Cat-Back Kit (817432) on the 2011 models. This is the kit I want, and I contacted Flowmaster directly, but they said they're still testing the fitment on the new models, and won't have a definitive answer for another 2 weeks. Any help/info would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance, and proud to be a member of this KICK-ASS forum.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:52 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW.

They are just feeding you a line. Nothing with the engine or exhaust system has changed since 2005 on these trucks.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:07 AM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benson X View Post
Thanks for the quick response. I figured as much, since the only changes I've noticed has been cosmetic....wanted to double-check though.
No problem. Be aware that cat backs need to be lengthened to fit the DC Long Bed though (most companies don't offer a cat back specifically for the DC LB, not sure about flowmaster). Any shop can do it rather easily.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:33 PM   #7
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered that same kit. The shop where you get it installed should be able to lengthen it for the DCLB, which is what my shop will do once it gets here. I ordered mine through my mechanic, and shipping is free if I can wait 4-5 weeks (which I can to save that much $$)
Old 11-30-2010, 02:50 PM   #9
...and we're back!
Benson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
Benson X's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
I ordered that same kit. The shop where you get it installed should be able to lengthen it for the DCLB, which is what my shop will do once it gets here. I ordered mine through my mechanic, and shipping is free if I can wait 4-5 weeks (which I can to save that much $$)
Did your kit not come with "Extension Pipe"? It should have included a 13" ext. pipe that mounts right before the muffler for the longbeds. I would check out the contents before the mechanic charges you to cut/lengthen your pipe.