Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Muffler Install

Old 12-01-2010, 11:57 AM   #1
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
Muffler Install

I have an aero turbine on the way and emailed a couple shops about pricing to have them weld it on...I've only gotten 1 response so far, and this is what I get:

"With pipe connectors, hangers and labor approx 125.00. Unless your truck came with original with a dual inlet muffler, then a "Y' connector would be nessasary and that would be extra"

Wtf? is this guy for real? Shouldn't this be less than $50?
Old 12-01-2010, 03:45 PM   #2
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old 12-01-2010, 03:50 PM   #3
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
i think it kinda depends where you live. ive heard as low as 30 and as high as 150
Old 12-01-2010, 03:53 PM   #4
╒╪╕

That's crazy...I wish I had a welder =/

Well, when I get some phone time I'll call around to some other places
Old 12-01-2010, 03:55 PM   #5
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyToyTaco View Post
That's crazy...I wish I had a welder =/

Well, when I get some phone time I'll call around to some other places
ya id definitely call around. you dont have a buddy with a welder?
Old 12-01-2010, 03:57 PM   #6
╒╪╕

negative. one of my good friends can weld, but he gave up shop & tools
Old 12-02-2010, 06:21 AM   #7
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Probably need to stop by or call a shop or two. Sounds like the response you got was to add a dual inlet and/or outlet. Once they understand you just want to cut in a single inlet/outlet muffler to you single inlet/outlet pipes, the prices should come down.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:24 AM   #8
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I would just stop by a few places...they probably didnt understand what you had going on. to cut out the old one and put in a new one should be about 30 bucks..
Old 12-02-2010, 07:57 AM   #10
Blaise22 has a spectacular aura aboutBlaise22 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Blaise
Blaise22's Tacoma Gallery
I got my aero turbine installed for 60, look around thats a terrible price.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:07 AM   #12
Blaise22 has a spectacular aura aboutBlaise22 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Blaise
Blaise22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunknsloth View Post
What price do you suggest is reasonable?
I would say somewhere around 80. Thats what the guy quoted me at first then when it was done he only asked for 60. Probley because its an easy install, not to much relocating.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:19 AM   #13
APTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
APTJ's Tacoma Gallery
mine was 55 bucks at a local muffler shop for my aero 2525..only took an hour
Old 12-02-2010, 09:04 AM   #14
╒╪╕

I stopped by a shop in the 818 near my house and he told me $40....Much better!

(the place that told me $125 was in 805)
Old 12-02-2010, 09:52 AM   #15
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
It took like 15 mins or less to install my Flowmaster. Cut off the factory muffler, weld the new one in place, weld on a hangar and your done.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:57 AM   #16
bdubbz is on a distinguished road
Name: Brian
bdubbz's Tacoma Gallery
cost me 50$ for my dynomax