Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Anybody know of any 1st gen Tacos with LS1 conversions?

Old 12-06-2010, 08:55 AM   #21
Mod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Mod's Tacoma Gallery
Curious to see where the shifter ends up at.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:30 PM   #23
Turbo Meister
Speed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Speed Freek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mod View Post
Curious to see where the shifter ends up at.
Shifter will end up about 6 inches back from the stock location..

I think I am going to need to cut the center crossmember and make it removeable so I can get the motor and trans out of the car without cutting off the core support again..but I am going to need to make it beefy since it kinda keeps the truck from splitting in half..

I am also looking into building myself a set of headers as well since I cant figure out another option for the drivers side exhaust manifold.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:40 PM   #24
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bama_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Keep us posted of the progress. This is going to be sweet.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:01 PM   #29
Turbo Meister
Speed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

UPDATE:

I cut a section of the transmission crossmember out for trans clearance, now I can slide the motor even farther back, so naw I am going to relieve the firewall in a few spots to get it even further back, then I can start finalizing the mounts.

Also since the drivetrain sits soo far back it is necessary to make the core support removeable since the motor and trans will need to be removed for any major work or trans/motor seperation..

I may see if I can get the core support started today and see how far I can get, I was thinking about making it from aluminum, but since I need square holes and some other odds and ends to mount the grill I may just make the stock one removeable instead of starting from scratch, even making it from aluminum I wont be saving much weight since the stock one isnt exactly beefy and heavy...

not much to take a pic of yet, but I will see what I can do for all the people that like pics better that letters, lol. I cant say I am any different..
Old 12-19-2010, 09:34 AM   #30
Turbo Meister

Back from Havasu and I got my GTO Oilpan so I can get started (once the rain stops)

When it rains in So Cal its like the same thing as snow in Denver, things slow down a bit....OMG theres WATER!!! lol.

More to come in the next few days guys...
Old 12-19-2010, 09:50 AM   #32
Turbo Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08WhiteTaco View Post
Can't wait! Are you doing anything to the front suspension? The LS is heavier than the 4banger...

It weighs more, but actually going to be very close to stock V6 weoght so I may put some V6 springs in, and I already have KYB Monomax shocks so it should suffice, I am going to eventually go to QA1s so I can tailor it to exactly what i want as far as spring weight and dampning/rebound.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:23 AM   #33
BlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud of
Navy: EM1 Coastal Warfare
BlackSportD's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to BlackSportD
Looking at your motor sitting there... IMO it was a blessing in disguise, all that BS you went through with the 4.0. This thing is sick.
Old 12-20-2010, 02:27 PM   #34
Turbo Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSportD View Post
Looking at your motor sitting there... IMO it was a blessing in disguise, all that BS you went through with the 4.0. This thing is sick.
Thanks Shawn, but I guess everything happens for a reason, even if it sucks bigtime.

Hope the bedliner is workin out for you..

Now thats its raining here not much getting done unfortunately..and I just burned a hose on my TIG welder because I forgot to turn the water on, been one of those days.. booo.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:21 PM   #35
Turbo Meister

Test fitted the motor with the GTO Oilpan, its very close, it interferes with the main crossmember so I am going to notch one or the other..

Seems the crossmember will be easier to modify than the oilpan, I already disassembled the oilpan baffle and it will be a bitch since I need to cut and modify the oilpan and then cut and modify the baffle and reweld both.

I would rather cut the crossmember and then box it back in with some thick material and try and reinforce it if possible, I will take pics along the way..
Old 12-23-2010, 12:24 PM   #36
rex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSGT, BMET
rex99's Tacoma Gallery
how did i miss this??
Old 12-23-2010, 12:35 PM   #37
Titan has a spectacular aura aboutTitan has a spectacular aura aboutTitan has a spectacular aura about

Name: Joel
Titan's Tacoma Gallery
Old 12-24-2010, 09:38 AM   #40
c.coulby is a splendid one to beholdc.coulby is a splendid one to beholdc.coulby is a splendid one to beholdc.coulby is a splendid one to beholdc.coulby is a splendid one to beholdc.coulby is a splendid one to behold

Name: Cameron
c.coulby's Tacoma Gallery
damn this is awesome sub'd