Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Anybody know of any 1st gen Tacos with LS1 conversions?

Old 03-05-2011, 01:26 PM   #62
Turbo Meister
Speed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Speed Freek's Tacoma Gallery
Dmonkey, lol....

Updates Monday when I get back home from Switzerland, I told you I am busy snowboarding everyday...., haha.

Well not every day, but I got 4 days in and got some Gopro helmet cam video, I am not Shaun White, but I can get down the hill OK, as long as those goddamn twinstickers (skiers) wouldnt use the whole fuking slope, lol.

I will try and post some of the pics, the mountains here are the most epic views imaginable by far!!!

I have should have the reflashed ECU sitting at my door when I get home so I can fire it up, so that will be my update.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:28 PM   #63
Drop it Drop it Low
Dmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Branden
Dmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Freek View Post
Dmonkey, lol....

Updates Monday when I get back home from Switzerland, I told you I am busy snowboarding everyday...., haha.

Well not every day, but I got 4 days in and got some Gopro helmet cam video, I am not Shaun White, but I can get down the hill OK, as long as those goddamn twinstickers (skiers) wouldnt use the whole fuking slope, lol.

I will try and post some of the pics, the mountains here are the most epic views imaginable by far!!!

I have should have the reflashed ECU sitting at my door when I get home so I can fire it up, so that will be my update.
I'll accept decent snowboard videos and landscape pics in place of truck updates on a temporary basis. Glad you posted up your thread where I can keep you on task.. regretting it yet? lol
Old 03-05-2011, 01:33 PM   #64
Turbo Meister
Speed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmonkey View Post
I'll accept decent snowboard videos and landscape pics in place of truck updates on a temporary basis. Glad you posted up your thread where I can keep you on task.. regretting it yet? lol
Haha, never! Im not scared of you, lol.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:38 PM   #66
Drop it Drop it Low
Dmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Branden
Dmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Haha, never! Im not scared of you, lol.
you should be, i make admins go emo and ban me for months for calling people ignorant.. imagine what i can do if i put my mind to it ;p
Old 03-05-2011, 01:45 PM   #67
Turbo Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmonkey View Post
you should be, i make admins go emo and ban me for months for calling people ignorant.. imagine what i can do if i put my mind to it ;p
Bad monkey, lol. No banana for you.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:02 PM   #69
Turbo Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastguy95 View Post
Another one of a kind build by Speed Freek! Subscribed!

Can't wait to see this taco
Thanks! I try to keep things interesting as if 23 psi wasnt doing it for me anymore, lol.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:43 PM   #70
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
subbed, this is awesome
Old 03-14-2011, 03:30 PM   #73
michaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant future

michaelg589's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
I think you will pioneer this. Only one I know of is an LS6 in an 05.

Well, not quite. The LS6 and LS1 are essentially the same motor. Whatever that guy did, could be duplicated for the OP.

I cant wait to see this finished product though. Makes me miss my 2000 Trans Am
Old 03-16-2011, 01:12 PM   #75
Turbo Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelg589 View Post
Well, not quite. The LS6 and LS1 are essentially the same motor. Whatever that guy did, could be duplicated for the OP.

I cant wait to see this finished product though. Makes me miss my 2000 Trans Am

Yeah but his is a 2nd gen, mine is a 1st gen....

Anyway, got the truck to fire up, had a bad alternator, runs now but trying to find an idle issue since it seems to be hunting, gotta check for air leaks since it ran fine before I removed the intake and alternator...

I will get some vids of this thing soon, but need to complete the wiring since it is mostly temporary for now just to get it to run...it seems geared for Bonneville with the 3.14 rearend in it and a 6 speed tranny, havent even got it into 4th gear yet..and it sounds like a built Camaro, no more sleeper for me. I may try to add in another muffler to see if I can quiet it down some more, that is if I can find some space, lol, already has 2 in 2 out muffler and a resonator for each pipe but it still sounds like a monster!
Old 03-16-2011, 02:53 PM   #76
michaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Yeah but his is a 2nd gen, mine is a 1st gen....

Anyway, got the truck to fire up, had a bad alternator, runs now but trying to find an idle issue since it seems to be hunting, gotta check for air leaks since it ran fine before I removed the intake and alternator...

I will get some vids of this thing soon, but need to complete the wiring since it is mostly temporary for now just to get it to run...it seems geared for Bonneville with the 3.14 rearend in it and a 6 speed tranny, havent even got it into 4th gear yet..and it sounds like a built Camaro, no more sleeper for me. I may try to add in another muffler to see if I can quiet it down some more, that is if I can find some space, lol, already has 2 in 2 out muffler and a resonator for each pipe but it still sounds like a monster!
OOo. I didnt even realize. Nice!

And I didnt think they put the LS1 in a Bonneville? Thought it was just the Corvette, and F-bodies (Camaro and Firebird). V8 in a Bonneville shouldve been the 5.3 liter. No?
The T-56 6 -speed and LS1 combo was always bolted to a 3.42:1 rear gear and LSD. That 6th gear is a ridiculous 0.5:1 overdrive! Even with the 3.42s youre damn near idling at 55mph.
Have questions about late model F-bodies and Corvettes? Ask me
Old 03-16-2011, 03:49 PM   #77
Turbo Meister

Quote:
OOo. I didnt even realize. Nice!

And I didnt think they put the LS1 in a Bonneville? Thought it was just the Corvette, and F-bodies (Camaro and Firebird). V8 in a Bonneville shouldve been the 5.3 liter. No?
The T-56 6 -speed and LS1 combo was always bolted to a 3.42:1 rear gear and LSD. That 6th gear is a ridiculous 0.5:1 overdrive! Even with the 3.42s youre damn near idling at 55mph.
Have questions about late model F-bodies and Corvettes? Ask me
I meant Bonneville like the salt flats land speed record place...not the actual vehicle.

I have the 3.14 rear diff from the S-runner so I am geared for about 200mph, lol.

Found my idle issue, turns out the IAC is not working so well, got one laying around?

Plus I am going to probably regear so I can actually use 6th gear..
Old 03-16-2011, 04:02 PM   #78

Quote:
I meant Bonneville like the salt flats land speed record place...not the actual vehicle.

I have the 3.14 rear diff from the S-runner so I am geared for about 200mph, lol.

Found my idle issue, turns out the IAC is not working so well, got one laying around?

Plus I am going to probably regear so I can actually use 6th gear..
Damn, I'm missing everything.

That 6th and your 3.14 rear is nuts lol. Unfortunately the only parts from the motor I have left is a stock airbox and a crank pulley.... actually I just realized I have a throttle body from a 03 S-10. They used the same size throttle bodies believe it or not. 75mm. I wonder if the IAC would be interchangeable? haha
Old 03-17-2011, 08:02 AM   #79
Turbo Meister

Quote:
Damn, I'm missing everything.

That 6th and your 3.14 rear is nuts lol. Unfortunately the only parts from the motor I have left is a stock airbox and a crank pulley.... actually I just realized I have a throttle body from a 03 S-10. They used the same size throttle bodies believe it or not. 75mm. I wonder if the IAC would be interchangeable? haha
I may have to go to the salvage yard and see what they have over there, hopefully they have something that will interchange...if not I will see if you want to part with yours if they are the same..thanks.

Plus I go to my place in Havasu at least 1nce a month so thats a 350 mile drive one way so I should be knocking down near 30mpg in 6th...or 25 plus anyway.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:16 AM   #80
Mikelhc is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
Mikelhc's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Plus I go to my place in Havasu at least 1nce a month so thats a 350 mile drive one way so I should be knocking down near 30mpg in 6th...or 25 plus anyway.[/QUOTE]
Nice! I will be the guy in the White Tacoma going slow over the grade in to Needles, getting less than 20mph.