Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Anybody know of any 1st gen Tacos with LS1 conversions?

Old 12-01-2010, 07:40 PM   #1
Turbo Meister
Speed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Speed Freek's Tacoma Gallery
1st Gen Tacoma LS1/T56 build (lots of pics!)

I was wondering if anyone had any info on this, probably going to slap one in my 98 Taco (2wd), since my Turbo motor shit the bed, and I am not going stock again, need to upgrade from 23psi and only thing could think of is an LS1 with T56 behind it, I already have the 8.4" rearend with a TRD LSD in it so good to go there.

Havent found anthing online anywhere where one was done, a couple that were started, none ever finished, I probably wouldnt be the first, but maybe one of the first...

Should have the motor within a week or so and then fitting begins.

I was trying to put a 1GR in it but the deal fell through, and I had already started fitting it, oh well moving on to bigger and better things..

Some call it Blasphemy putting a Chevy motor in a Tacoma,I call it ABSLOUTELY AWESOME..
Old 12-02-2010, 08:09 AM   #3
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
How do you pass a smog test with a v8? IMO you wouldn't get past the visual. No concern? Sorry I've never gotten a concrete answer on this.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:13 AM   #4
Turbo Meister
Speed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
How do you pass a smog test with a v8? IMO you wouldn't get past the visual. No concern? Sorry I've never gotten a concrete answer on this.
I will need to put a shell on my truck to get it registered as a non commercial vehicle, then its technically a car and then I can swap a car motor into it as long as I have all the emissions in place, go to the ref and should be good to go...if not I can register it in Arizona as well since I have a house there...
Old 12-04-2010, 09:37 AM   #8
STravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
STravis's Tacoma Gallery
You need to keep track of this build all the way through and keep us posted on your progress. That is gonna be a crazy swap.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:31 AM   #10
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
ok now put that in your truck quick
Old 12-05-2010, 09:35 AM   #11
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
hahah
Old 12-05-2010, 09:36 AM   #12
Mad Fisherman
DaCapt is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaCapt is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaCapt is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaCapt is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaCapt is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaCapt is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaCapt is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaCapt is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaCapt is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaCapt is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaCapt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
DaCapt's Tacoma Gallery
Cool! we'll call it a "Chevota" 0r "Toylet"
Old 12-05-2010, 09:43 AM   #13
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Freek View Post
I will need to put a shell on my truck to get it registered as a non commercial vehicle, then its technically a car and then I can swap a car motor into it as long as I have all the emissions in place, go to the ref and should be good to go...if not I can register it in Arizona as well since I have a house there...
Good I wish ya well and to always have a smooth go at registration time because I WANNA SEE THAT ENGINE IN THAT TRUCK!! This is the wet dream of just about everyone in here including myself who generally misses a v8 in my life! Carry on-I am subscribed
Old 12-05-2010, 11:18 AM   #14
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Haha is that a seatbelt holding up the motor?
Old 12-05-2010, 11:57 AM   #16
Turbo Meister

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaCapt View Post
Cool! we'll call it a "Chevota" 0r "Toylet"
Its a Tacovette, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by crf69 View Post
hahah
Are you on THumper talk too?? If so whats your screename? I recognize your avatar from over there (I am Diesel Power ATK)

Quote:
Originally Posted by isu2014 View Post
Haha is that a seatbelt holding up the motor?
Yep, they are good for lots of stuff VERY STRONG!! Like bull, lol.

I am off to molest my engine...
Old 12-05-2010, 12:14 PM   #17
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Subscribed...Oh This I got to see. Years back my friend threw a 350 in a Vega.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:15 PM   #18
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
What year did that come out of?
Old 12-06-2010, 07:46 AM   #19
Turbo Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMA TRD View Post
What year did that come out of?
98 Tacoma getting a 2001 LS1

Today is cutting time, already test fit to see where the interference is, going to need to cut the trans tunnel and the firewall where it starts to slope for the trans, gonna chop it up to get it in, then redo the sheetmetal to clear..
Old 12-06-2010, 07:52 AM   #20
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
I think you will pioneer this. Only one I know of is an LS6 in an 05.