Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Official Dynolicious times

Old 08-10-2008, 11:15 AM   #21
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
K been tryin to find a weigh station close by but can't. I wanna do another run so with gross weight at around 3865, I weigh bout 150, truck has 1/4 of gas, the inside is always clean so no misc weight, stock tires and wheels so I'm gonna put down 4150lbs until I get it weighed... U guys think this weight is reasonable so I can get some eastimated times.

EDIT- I'm gonna put 4200lbs
Old 08-11-2008, 11:52 AM   #22
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

UPDATE

K so i took 2 runs in the early morning with the dynolicious set at vehicle weight 4200lbs with the drivetrain loss at 20%. The itouch was angled at 45 degress with no vibration, heres what i got...

Run 1

0-60 mph- 6.91 sec

1/8 mile- 10.10 sec @ 75.6mph

1/4 mile- 15.28 sec @ 94.9mph

max speed 95.2 mph

0.98 Gs

Peak Horsepower 275hp

Run 2

0-60 mph- 6.78 sec

1/8 mile- 10.07 sec @ 76.3mph

1/4 mile- 15.20 sec @ 95.4mph

max speed 96.4mph

1.01 G's

Peak Horsepower 280hp

what u guys think? not bad for a crew cab
Old 08-11-2008, 12:19 PM   #23
jaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jaxchrisfla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jaxchrisfla Send a message via Yahoo to jaxchrisfla
those e/t's are much more believable, but the trap speeds seem pretty high. i haven't seen many if any n/a's trap 95 in the quarter, yet.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:41 PM   #24
Tuned By Gadget

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxchrisfla View Post
those e/t's are much more believable, but the trap speeds seem pretty high. i haven't seen many if any n/a's trap 95 in the quarter, yet.

yea i know what u mean, according to BunsenTech claims its 0 to 60 mph results are accurate within 0.08 seconds and quarter mile calculations within 0.10 second and 1.5 mph.

maybe im around there but this truck is definitely quick, dont let the JBAs fool u guys hehe (since so many people hate on them) . dont get me wrong i would of loved to get Long Tubes but these JBAs arent bad at all ported out. im still gonna do more runs. hopefully when i get the MAF calibrator i can be up there with you
Old 08-11-2008, 04:24 PM   #25
Tuned By Gadget

no 1/4 mile fans out there with any thoughts??
Old 08-11-2008, 04:36 PM   #26
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoskim View Post
no 1/4 mile fans out there with any thoughts??
Hmmmm. H.p. is WAY out of wack. Is it guessing at crank h.p.?

Edit: I see you live in LA. so, I think those times are beliveable, but the H.p. is way off.
Old 08-11-2008, 04:41 PM   #27
Mod Master
pb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the rough

pb2themax's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxchrisfla View Post
those numbers are fairly incorrect. no way you are trapping 100 without a supercharger.

9.9 1/8th mile is a mid 15, and definately not a high 14 run.
The 1/4 mile times are probably correct, but the HP numbers are figured by you entering the vehicles weight and estimated drivetrain loss. The weight or drivetrain loss numbers is probably off. What weight and loss% did you enter?
Old 08-11-2008, 04:42 PM   #28
Tuned By Gadget

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Hmmmm. H.p. is WAY out of wack. Is it guessing at crank h.p.?

Edit: I see you live in LA. so, I think those times are beliveable, but the H.p. is way off.

yea its been really hot here lately so i havent been able to get a nice cool night to get a clean run in... the HP is to the crank, i put down drivetrain loss at 20% so it calculated it by it self, seems kinda accurate, to the wheel it will be 224 RWHP
Old 08-11-2008, 04:45 PM   #29
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
yea its been really hot here lately so i havent been able to get a nice cool night to get a clean run in... the HP is to the crank, i put down drivetrain loss at 20% so it calculated it by it self, seems kinda accurate, to the wheel it will be 224 RWHP
With your mods, 224 to the tires sounds about right.
Old 08-11-2008, 04:48 PM   #30
Tuned By Gadget

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
With your mods, 224 to the tires sounds about right.

Niiice. whats to the wheels stock?? im assuming ive gained bout 30 hp with these mods, maybe more?
Old 08-11-2008, 04:55 PM   #31

Quote:
Niiice. whats to the wheels stock?? im assuming ive gained bout 30 hp with these mods, maybe more?
I think you may have gained 20 h.p. or so. Stock Tacomas with the 4.0 that I have seen run 195 - 205 to the tires. BUT, those were run when it was pretty hot out. I have seen numbers online from stock 4.0's closer to 210 to the tires close to sea level.
Old 08-11-2008, 05:03 PM   #32
Tuned By Gadget

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb2themax View Post
The 1/4 mile times are probably correct, but the HP numbers are figured by you entering the vehicles weight and estimated drivetrain loss. The weight or drivetrain loss numbers is probably off. What weight and loss% did you enter?

i put 4200 lbs for the weight, and 20% loss in the drivetrain
Old 08-11-2008, 05:19 PM   #33
BLOCKADE will become famous soon enoughBLOCKADE will become famous soon enough
BLOCKADE's Tacoma Gallery
I really don't know much about what numbers the Tacoma "should" get, but I think it is really sweet that you are getting any kind of numbers with an IPod and a $12 piece of software. I've been on the fence about getting an IPhone but with stuff like Dynolicious, I'm leaning more and more toward getting one.

Tacoskim, post some pics of your taco, from the description it sound like a sweet truck.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:47 PM   #34
Mod Master
pb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the rough

Dynolicious more accurate than the G-tech Pro. Watch the vid. http://www.garage419.com/episode/419_20080807

BTW, I just watched this video in my truck using my iPhone to play the podcast through my Eclipse A/V sound system.

iPhone rules!
Old 08-11-2008, 06:48 PM   #35
Mod Master

Quote:
i put 4200 lbs for the weight, and 20% loss in the drivetrain
Did you actually weigh it? That sounds a bit heavy for an access cab 2wd.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:57 PM   #36
Tuned By Gadget

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb2themax View Post
Did you actually weigh it? That sounds a bit heavy for an access cab 2wd.
my truck is a double cab 2wd

BLOCKADE ill try to get some pictures together this week (gotta borrow a camera)