LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Dropping un needed Weight from the truck

Old 08-08-2008, 10:55 PM   #1
Johnny_knox69 is on a distinguished road
Johnny_knox69's Tacoma Gallery
Dropping un needed Weight from the truck

Has anyone tried to drop as much weight from the truck as possible? Less Weight is More hp! and Better gas mileage!

I will see what I can take off that is not needed.....

1. Cheap ass skrid plate..............
2. Fnt Tow hook

What else?
Old 08-08-2008, 11:06 PM   #2
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
3. spare tire
Old 08-08-2008, 11:10 PM   #3
taco@you123 has a spectacular aura abouttaco@you123 has a spectacular aura abouttaco@you123 has a spectacular aura about

taco@you123's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoskim View Post
3. spare tire
what the hell r u gonna do when ur tire pops?
Old 08-08-2008, 11:11 PM   #4
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-08-2008, 11:34 PM   #5
TWINSIES!
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco@you123 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoskim View Post
Lol i cant even comeup with a smartass remark for this one!
Old 08-09-2008, 04:31 AM   #6
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Before you start taking seats out, you have to realize that how much energy it takes to move said vehicle, i.e. 4500 lb truck VS 236 hp, divide that equals 19.06. What this actually means... I have no idea... and now my head hurts... I'm going back to "here's to Missileman"
Old 08-09-2008, 04:41 AM   #7
Zebra is on a distinguished road

Zebra's Tacoma Gallery
i've heard for every 100 pounds that is removed mpg can go up 2%
Old 08-10-2008, 05:31 PM   #10
Johnny_knox69 is on a distinguished road
Johnny_knox69's Tacoma Gallery
removed about 30# worth of shit already. I will get a scale when i am done.... A bunch of brackets so far that are really just over built items as far as I can see.
Old 08-10-2008, 05:53 PM   #11
it's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud of

it's in coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Join a fitness club and lose some weight.

These trucks are flimsy enough (compared to the older generation trucks).
that is soo true... i know i can lose some 30 pounds...
Old 08-10-2008, 06:22 PM   #13
OnTheDarkSideOfTheMoon
silverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant future

Name: SlickRick
silverbullet05's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^^^^^^
Old 08-10-2008, 06:27 PM   #14
MasterChief
MannyECG is on a distinguished road

MannyECG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Call the wife to bring me the spare sitting in the garage. j/k!

Actually, I also dropped the spare. But only when I'm around town since I both live and work in Tempe, AZ.

I also took off the tailgate when I'm driving around town.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:21 PM   #15
baloo is on a distinguished road
baloo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyECG View Post
I also took off the tailgate when I'm driving around town.
ummm...you do realize that reduces your mileage, right?
Old 08-19-2008, 12:38 PM   #16
Justin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud of

Justin626's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXFreeStyle61 View Post
Drop then engine while you're at it. Then you will see the MPGs shoot through the roof!
And don't forget to cut out the floor board and do it Flintstones style.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:15 PM   #17
ubermx5 is on a distinguished road
ubermx5's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to ubermx5
It tuff to say what this will do on a such a heavy truck..

I know on my second car a Miata it is 2450 and I can get it to 1700.
But at this point if i get in a crash I am screwed...

Get a turbo and use the free power.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:35 PM   #18
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:

Call AAA.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:43 PM   #19
silverbullet830 is on a distinguished road
silverbullet830's Tacoma Gallery
^^^19.06 pounds per horsepower. thats your power to weight ratio. add power or remove weight and it will go down. its goes down you go faster. and i don't know about mpg but i've always heard 100lbs is good for 1/10th in the 1/4 mile.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:11 PM   #20
Jackass to the masses
cvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cvillechopper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_knox69 View Post
Less Weight is More hp!
Sorry, not exactly what one would call correct. HP is HP, regardless of weight. Makes for a quicker ride, for sure, but not more HP.