Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Your Top Ways to make your Taco Faster

Old 12-03-2010, 04:42 PM   #1
Auzy22 is on a distinguished road
Name: Austin
Auzy22's Tacoma Gallery
Post Your Top Ways to make your Taco Faster

What would be your advice on making your taco that much faster with or without spending a lot of money?
Old 12-03-2010, 04:43 PM   #2
mike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
mike686's Tacoma Gallery
APR x-1 and supercharger thats to start
Old 12-03-2010, 04:45 PM   #3
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Supercharger, pulleys, etc.
Headers and full exhaust.
Tune.

You are going to spend a lot of money to only make it a little faster.
Old 12-03-2010, 04:57 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Horsepower is just a question of money. How fast do you want to go?
Old 12-03-2010, 08:10 PM   #5
F-125Racer is on a distinguished road

F-125Racer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337Taco View Post
Supercharger, pulleys, etc.
Headers and full exhaust.
Tune.

You are going to spend a lot of money to only make it a little faster.
A little faster?? Ummm, I can puff about any V-8 truck after I got my S/C. No comparison with stock. Night and day difference.
Go for the TRD S/C, it's a hoot !!
Old 12-03-2010, 08:15 PM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Put a Tacoma badge on a vette?
Old 12-03-2010, 08:18 PM   #7
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Put a Tacoma badge on a vette?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1am25ETfAw
Old 12-03-2010, 08:20 PM   #8
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Install a Tundra 5.7.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:31 PM   #9
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
Install a Tundra 5.7.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZqLsHwH68E
Old 12-03-2010, 08:36 PM   #10
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by F-125Racer View Post
A little faster?? Ummm, I can puff about any V-8 truck after I got my S/C. No comparison with stock. Night and day difference.
Go for the TRD S/C, it's a hoot !!

Yea only a little faster. Unless you spend big money. Super werty has the fastest Tacoma that I know of that isn't an x-runner. He has tons of mods into it and it barely broke into the 12s. That's pretty fast for a truck with a gasoline engine, but if you are really looking to go fast I would get a diesel or car.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:37 PM   #11
Roll Tide

HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
i still like the busa http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-LAQY5ESc4
Old 12-03-2010, 08:49 PM   #12
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ3Hh...eature=related
Old 12-03-2010, 08:52 PM   #13
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Paint some flames on the side!!!!
Old 12-03-2010, 08:54 PM   #15
Roll Tide

HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQoQhDXeT_I
Old 12-03-2010, 08:58 PM   #16
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
Write in a "zero" after every number on your speedo
Old 12-03-2010, 09:04 PM   #17
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry, i just don't quite believe this video. The back ground it not moving nearly fast enough for that amount of speed. 228 MPH is flat out haulin ass, and that just does not look like it is going that fast. I call BS. I say it is kilometers an hour. I have gone 170 in my car and it looks way way faster than that video. The dashed line in the middle of the highway turns to one white line when you are going that fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGM View Post
Old 12-03-2010, 09:29 PM   #18
Roll Tide

HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbs204 View Post
Sorry, i just don't quite believe this video. The back ground it not moving nearly fast enough for that amount of speed. 228 MPH is flat out haulin ass, and that just does not look like it is going that fast. I call BS. I say it is kilometers an hour. I have gone 170 in my car and it looks way way faster than that video. The dashed line in the middle of the highway turns to one white line when you are going that fast.
want a stock busa run 212 off the showroom floor?
Old 12-03-2010, 09:31 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbs204 View Post
That speedo IS in MPH. However, I agree. The dash lines go solid at about 130......

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGM View Post
want a stock busa run 212 off the showroom floor?
They are limited to about 185. From what I hear. I personally think he changed the speedo gear to read that.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:40 PM   #20
Roll Tide

HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
That speedo IS in MPH. However, I agree. The dash lines go solid at about 130......

They are limited to about 185. From what I hear. I personally think he changed the speedo gear to read that.
isnt this because of the speed limiter?