Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Magnaflow Offroad Pro Series Catback?

Old 12-05-2010, 09:19 PM   #1
svdevon82 is on a distinguished road
Army: DOD Civilian Army
svdevon82's Tacoma Gallery
Magnaflow Offroad Pro Series Catback?

I am thinking on buying the Magnaflow Offroad Pro series Catback system for my 08 tacoma V6. Does anyone have the same application? If so, any opinions on sound and performance wise?
Old 12-07-2010, 08:55 AM   #3
06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
It's funny that they made an offroad series exhaust. That's just like my catback that I cut up so it doesn't intefere with my suspension.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:26 PM   #4
Voodoo Rufus is just really niceVoodoo Rufus is just really niceVoodoo Rufus is just really niceVoodoo Rufus is just really nice

Name: Jason
Voodoo Rufus's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting. I'm guessing that the smaller muffler core could be on the noisy side. Too bad it's not 3" but it's probably not a big deal unless one is supercharged (maybe not even then).
Old 12-08-2010, 07:02 AM   #5
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
QUOTE=06HAOLE;2463102]It's funny that they made an offroad series exhaust. That's just like my catback that I cut up so it doesn't intefere with my suspension.[/QUOTE]

Same reaction I had when I first saw it but it might sound good
Old 01-26-2012, 07:50 PM   #6
coolest memeber
kuwaition91 is on a distinguished road

Name: David
kuwaition91's Tacoma Gallery
i know this is an old thread but has anyone bought this exhaust? and if so do you like it? thanks again
Old 08-09-2012, 09:53 PM   #7
VancouverTaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Cole
VancouverTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Bump?

old thread but I'm interested in this exhaust
Old 08-09-2012, 09:58 PM   #8
I owe it all to little chocolate donuts
JayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JayDirt's Tacoma Gallery
bought it, sold it.

Edit: swapped the muffler for one that was not as loud. 14" round for 18" oval.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:19 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDirt View Post
bought it, sold it.

Edit: swapped the muffler for one that was not as loud. 14" round for 18" oval.
was it really loud even with stock headers? I was thinking of buying a used one for 220 bucks, almost brand new
Old 08-10-2012, 07:40 AM   #11
I owe it all to little chocolate donuts
JayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JayDirt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VancouverTaco View Post
was it really loud even with stock headers? I was thinking of buying a used one for 220 bucks, almost brand new
Even after I did some sound deadening in the rear of my cab, it was still to loud for my liking.

http://www.truckpartshub.com/index.html

^^^ brand new for $230
Old 08-10-2012, 07:43 AM   #12
Made in Maine.... Yessah bub!
JNome has a spectacular aura aboutJNome has a spectacular aura aboutJNome has a spectacular aura about

Coast Guard: Ensign
Name: Jake
JNome's Tacoma Gallery
I bought it and love it! Its only loud when you put your foot into it... over 2000 rpm's is when it gets loud....other than that, its a nice low throaty exhaust....

So, if you have lead foot, probably not for you, if you take it easy on the gas and want the occasional sound and clearence.... great exhaust!
Old 08-10-2012, 08:09 AM   #13
Hmm, seeing as I drive a 6 speed and change gears around 2500 rpm, should be nice and loud then!
Old 08-10-2012, 08:07 PM   #14
Made in Maine.... Yessah bub!
JNome has a spectacular aura aboutJNome has a spectacular aura aboutJNome has a spectacular aura about

Coast Guard: Ensign
Name: Jake
JNome's Tacoma Gallery
Should sound good with that 6 speed man! Give it a few hundred miles to break in (a tank of gas or so) to get the real sound. Mine changed tones slightly to a deeper, throatier tone after a week or so... like it a lot!
Old 08-10-2012, 08:16 PM   #15
kieth is on a distinguished road
kieth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06HAOLE View Post
It's funny that they made an offroad series exhaust. That's just like my catback that I cut up so it doesn't intefere with my suspension.
Hee hee haha
Old 11-10-2012, 11:55 PM   #16
Tfrom3 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ty
Tfrom3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDirt View Post
Even after I did some sound deadening in the rear of my cab, it was still to loud for my liking.
Jaydirt: was it the magnaflow 18 oval from the 16625 kit? and how was that after?

I'm considering my options and your not the only one who had noise issues, some added resonators. I like the clearance of the 17115 kit, especially for a spare but I dont want unpleasant cab noise.

VancouverTaco: how did your install go on the 6 speed?
Old 11-11-2012, 05:29 PM   #17
I love the exhaust. It is a little load at about 2500 rpm on the highway but overall not too bad. Has a really nice sound especially with the 6 speed
Old 11-12-2012, 09:11 PM   #18
Tfrom3 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ty
Tfrom3's Tacoma Gallery
Alright, thanks.

For future readers info: I called magnaflow and asked a few Q's . the difference between the Direct fit (16625) and the Offroad Pro (17115)

Both should offer HP and torque gains. The offroad will be louder, the main reason for this is the dump is closer to the front of the vehicle which can bounce sound off the pavement and cause a noisier cab. Some have added resonator to their system, Perferated core resonators limit flow minimally but help sound, if that hasn't quieted your system down enough a louvered core resonator could be used. they can limit exhaust flow by 5% but are more effective at sound deadening.

Direct fit has an oval shaped 18 inch muffler, Offroad has a 14 inch round. According to Magnaflows Dyno test the Direct fit will offer 1 or 2 extra torque gains VS the Offroad adding 1 or 2 HP gains over the direct fit. In BC you may run into problems with Aircare if using the Offroad/ I assume similar for California

I'm going with the Offroad as my trucks a good ways from the ground and aircares on its way out, if anyone asks I can post a sound video once its done.

(perferrated core vs louvred core)
Old 11-13-2012, 02:32 PM   #19
So because the offroad pro turns down towards the ground It makes it loader in the cab? At a certain rpm I have to plug one of my ears while driving lol
Old 01-21-2013, 06:35 PM   #20
Skooty is on a distinguished road

Skooty's Tacoma Gallery
I have this exhaust on a 2009 AC V6 Auto.

Here is the deal...

1. The clamps it comes with are crap. Toss them immediately and go kick in for the U-bolt type. Preferably stainless.

2. It is a "fart cannon". It has a low growl at low revs and a Fast and Furious whine at higher revs.

3. Seems like there is not enough back pressure now. Initial pick up may be a little sluggy but there is a band there in the 3k range that is nice.

4. The compact design is awesome. However that is nothing that a hacksaw can't make.

5. Your neighbors will be pissed that you have it.

(This is in combo with a Volant CAI. Not the ram air.)