Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Wicked Flow Bitches!! Right?

Old 12-05-2010, 09:23 PM   #1
J-Bird is a jewel in the roughJ-Bird is a jewel in the roughJ-Bird is a jewel in the roughJ-Bird is a jewel in the rough

J-Bird's Tacoma Gallery
Wicked Flow Bitches!! Right?

Sorry I cant contain myself. Im waiting for my 13" wicked flow muffler!! I decided to with the 2.5, prob gonna run 2.5 piping from the muffler back. Is this wise, or will I loose too much back pressure?

Anyone with a recent vid/pics/sound clip/ anything?

Ohh yea can some of the guys that have had this a while please leave feedback/ info.

Last but not least thanks to Bear River Converters. I missed the Gb, but they were cool enough to send that discount my way anyways(and 6+months after the gb at that). Thanks again.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:29 PM   #2
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Heres mine I still like it and its been since may that Ive had it.....it will get a bit louder as you go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noG-59ioJkw?fs=1
Old 12-05-2010, 09:30 PM   #3
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Now...put yours up memario I know your watching LMAO
Old 12-05-2010, 09:34 PM   #4
yamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Royce
yamaha73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by THExBUSxDRIVER View Post
Heres mine I still like it and its been since may that Ive had it.....it will get a bit louder as you go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noG-59ioJkw?fs=1
i think i finally found the muffler i want

where did you get it at, and is this the only muffler they make or wat model is yours
Old 12-05-2010, 09:42 PM   #5
J-Bird is a jewel in the roughJ-Bird is a jewel in the roughJ-Bird is a jewel in the roughJ-Bird is a jewel in the rough

J-Bird's Tacoma Gallery
Yea!! That sound awesome dude. Is that the 13 with 2.5? How did u run your pipes?
Old 12-05-2010, 09:46 PM   #6

J-Bird's Tacoma Gallery
yamaha 73 Ive been lookin for a new muffler for awhile and wicked flow seems to be the way to go for our trucks. Hopefully more people will post thier thoughts.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:46 PM   #7
Quakee has much to be proud ofQuakee has much to be proud ofQuakee has much to be proud ofQuakee has much to be proud ofQuakee has much to be proud ofQuakee has much to be proud ofQuakee has much to be proud ofQuakee has much to be proud ofQuakee has much to be proud of

EMS: EMT
Name: Eddie
Quakee's Tacoma Gallery
WHAT?! I bought mine like 2 weeks ago. Didn't even think to ask for the GB discount! =[

They shipped quick as hell though, so I'm still very happy =]
Old 12-05-2010, 09:49 PM   #8
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! That was my second choice after my aero
Old 12-05-2010, 09:53 PM   #9

J-Bird's Tacoma Gallery
Yo Quakee I was about to click the final paypal button, but the jew in me thought i better check for a discount first. What set up did you get?
Old 12-05-2010, 09:56 PM   #10
Quakee has much to be proud ofQuakee has much to be proud ofQuakee has much to be proud ofQuakee has much to be proud ofQuakee has much to be proud ofQuakee has much to be proud ofQuakee has much to be proud ofQuakee has much to be proud ofQuakee has much to be proud of

Quakee's Tacoma Gallery
2.5, 13". I really like it. Don't kid yourself and think it'll sound like a v8, but it's shitloads better than stock. What I like most is that it's really pretty quiet until you step on it and the RPMs past around 2500, then it gets nice and loud. That way I choose how much noise I make =]
Old 12-05-2010, 10:06 PM   #11

J-Bird's Tacoma Gallery
Is anyone running this with a afe cai?

Quakee did you continue the 2.5 piping out the back or stay with the stock 2.25?
Old 12-05-2010, 10:21 PM   #12

Quakee's Tacoma Gallery
All the piping is completely stock. I read in some post that the TRD stock piping is 2.5" though? I dunno, I didn't really look into it. But yeah, everything besides the muffler is stock.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:34 PM   #13
Victory is reserved...

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Bird View Post
Yea!! That sound awesome dude. Is that the 13 with 2.5? How did u run your pipes?
Yea 13 2.5

Stock pipes dumped before the axle
Old 12-05-2010, 11:36 PM   #14
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSgt - A.G.E. Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
ive had my 13sc250 for about 6 months now and i love it
Old 12-06-2010, 01:31 AM   #15
Victory is reserved...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaha73 View Post
i think i finally found the muffler i want

where did you get it at, and is this the only muffler they make or wat model is yours
Got it from bear river converters, member on the forum, look them up fire a lil discount.
Good folks to deal with.

mine is the 13sc2.5, they also have an 18 which is quieter
Old 12-06-2010, 03:27 AM   #16
yamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yea op ive owned two v8 chevys before and had flowmasters on both of them and they sounded awesome. never had a v6 though and im not liking the sound of the flowmasters on them, i want the deepest sound i can get but i know its not a v8, and this sounds perfect for me, especially since you were saying its not too loud untill you get on it which is perfect for me sicne i drive alot of freeway

thanks thexbusxdriver

if you guys dont mind me asking around how much do these run?
Old 12-06-2010, 04:05 AM   #17
Dimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
Dimonback's Tacoma Gallery
I think I paid right around $65 for my 18". Add another $45 for the cut in and it's not a bad deal- but don't expect any improvements other than noise.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:34 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimonback View Post
I think I paid right around $65 for my 18". Add another $45 for the cut in and it's not a bad deal- but don't expect any improvements other than noise.
o ok thanks, yea with just putting on a muffler i dont expect any gain of anything but i just like the rumble, my trucks too quiet lol
Old 12-07-2010, 04:57 PM   #19

J-Bird's Tacoma Gallery
Out with the old, and in with the new. I got the muffler around 130 and called a few shops. I went with the one that charged $60 and took me today, not the one that wanted $100 and could "squeeze me in" on friday. Anyways...WICKED FLOW IS THE SHIT!! A lot more rumble and grunt then I expected, not ricey at all.

I caught myself rolling the windows up and down a lot, trying to hear all the new tones in different driving conditions.

Lucky I'll be heading back out to pick up the tree in a bit. Im gonna try and get a video...or at least a pic or two.
Attached Thumbnails
Wicked Flow Bitches!! Right?-photo.jpg