Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

New Muffler

Old 12-10-2010, 06:23 AM   #1
Banned
raswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rick
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
New Muffler

Just want to add a new muffler and keep all other pipes. Want some throatiness. A little growl. Recommendations please. 4.0 6 speed
Old 12-10-2010, 06:31 AM   #2
Bobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant future

Army: C Co, 2nd Bat 75th Inf
Name: Bobo
Bobo_1's Tacoma Gallery
You can spend all day on this one. And search is your friend here as this is a FAQ. If you are all stock on the exhaust then the Flowmaster Series 50 is a good choice as is a Manaflow and many others.

I have had the American Thunder Flowmaster exhaust that uses the Series 50 muffler and it had a great low throaty sound. This was with the stock setup and then LT headers. Then I went to the DT y-pipe and it was awful sounding and I had to yank it. I put on the Banks Monster and it sounds the best, IMHO.

The take away is that as soon as you change something else the sound you had could be no more.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:33 AM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah this has been covered a million times and it really depends on what YOU think sounds good. Check out youtube for sound clips, and if possible, stop by a meet to hear some different exhausts in person.