Notices

which AFE intake to buy.

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-12-2010, 08:10 PM   #1
donovan6241 is on a distinguished road

Name: Donovan
donovan6241's Tacoma Gallery
which AFE intake to buy.

I found three Afe intakes on Amazon. Each one says it has a pro 5 filter. The first one says it comes with 2 filters on the AFE website but on Amazon it says it only has one. Im really confused, but I think all three are the same except the first one comes with a cleaning kit. what is different about each one? and which one would u guys get?

1: $309: http://www.amazon.com/aFe-54-81163-P...1785795&sr=1-5

2: $258: http://www.amazon.com/aFe-54-81162-S...2209113&sr=1-2

3: $253: http://www.amazon.com/aFe-51-81162-S...1691599&sr=8-1
Old 12-12-2010, 09:33 PM   #2
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
That is the trouble with those folks whoring out the product on Amazon. They don't know jack about the product and can't answer any of your questions.

URD has those intakes in stock ready to ship and can make certain you get the correct one for your truck.

G
Old 12-12-2010, 09:40 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget@URD View Post
That is the trouble with those folks whoring out the product on Amazon. They don't know jack about the product and can't answer any of your questions.

URD has those intakes in stock ready to ship and can make certain you get the correct one for your truck.

G
i dont want URD... i want AFE.. i just want to know the difference of the ones i listed.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:10 PM   #4
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
OK then.

We have plenty of AFE intakes in stock ready to ship.

Just trying to help.

G
Old 12-12-2010, 10:34 PM   #5
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

deadbolt's Tacoma Gallery
I'd get an intake thats not in a box. Thats just my preference.
I just recently installed the aFe intake stage 2 one. Not SI which are the ones you listed
Old 12-12-2010, 10:36 PM   #6
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by donovan6241 View Post
i dont want URD... i want AFE.. i just want to know the difference of the ones i listed.
I think gadget was saying they have the AFE ones in stock, not trying to sell you URD ones
Old 12-12-2010, 10:38 PM   #7
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
I think gadget was saying they have the AFE ones in stock, not trying to sell you URD ones
x2
Old 12-12-2010, 10:55 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget@URD View Post
OK then.

We have plenty of AFE intakes in stock ready to ship.

Just trying to help.

G
Sorry man.. i did not know you work for URD. I think i want to buy from amazon, because they are a lot cheaper there. thx for ur help though.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:57 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbolt View Post
I'd get an intake thats not in a box. Thats just my preference.
I just recently installed the aFe intake stage 2 one. Not SI which are the ones you listed
the reason i want to get a intake with a closed box is because they are cold air intakes. the ones with no box are not cold air. they pull hot air from under the hood.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:01 PM   #10
do w3rk!

Quote:
the reason i want to get a intake with a closed box is because they are cold air intakes. the ones with no box are not cold air. they pull hot air from under the hood.
The stock intake is supposedly a cold air intake since it pulls air from the wheel fender/well.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:10 PM   #11
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
save your money and buy a drop in filter
Old 12-12-2010, 11:20 PM   #12
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
The model numbers provided by Amazon correspond to these intakes.

1 - Intake with oiled filter + cleaning/recharge kit + pre filter
2 - Intake with oiled filter
3 - Intake with dry filter

You can check them against AFE's site yourself if you like. http://afepower.com/shop/application...archtype=combo

Just so you know you won't feel an increase in power.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:35 PM   #13
Quote:
Sorry man.. i did not know you work for URD. I think i want to buy from amazon, because they are a lot cheaper there. thx for ur help though.

URD conforms to the MAP pricing policies of the manufacturer. We can sell it for whatever we want and would be happy to price match.

G
Old 12-12-2010, 11:38 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
The model numbers provided by Amazon correspond to these intakes.

1 - Intake with oiled filter + cleaning/recharge kit + pre filter
2 - Intake with oiled filter
3 - Intake with dry filter

You can check them against AFE's site yourself if you like. http://afepower.com/shop/application...archtype=combo

Just so you know you won't feel an increase in power.
alright.. that clears things up.. thanks for the info.. which one do u think it better.. dry or oiled? are they both lifetime filters?
Old 12-12-2010, 11:44 PM   #15
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Looks like they only have a 2 year warranty against defects. Oiled will catch more dirt but dry is the easiest to maintain. It is all up to you on that one.

http://afepower.com/performance_airfilters.php
Old 12-12-2010, 11:46 PM   #16

Quote:
Looks like they only have a 2 year warranty against defects. Oiled will catch more dirt but dry is the easiest to maintain. It is all up to you on that one.

http://afepower.com/performance_airfilters.php
ok. when i say lifetime filters i mean do they need to be replaced over time? or do u just use them and clean them when they get dirty?
Old 12-12-2010, 11:48 PM   #18
Banned
Quote:
ok. when i say lifetime filters i mean do they need to be replaced over time? or do u just use them and clean them when they get dirty?

I guess you can just keep cleaning it. I haven't seen anyone that had to replace it due to it wearing down. Personally if it starts too look bad I'll change it out. I am only 10 minutes away from AFE anyway.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:03 AM   #19

Quote:
I guess you can just keep cleaning it. I haven't seen anyone that had to replace it due to it wearing down. Personally if it starts too look bad I'll change it out. I am only 10 minutes away from AFE anyway.
haha.. afe intake or just the filter?

Products Discussed in this Thread