Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

will this CAT work??

Old 12-17-2010, 08:30 AM   #1
TIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TIPICOTACO's Tacoma Gallery
will this CAT work??

So i was diggin through some things in my dad's garage last night and came across a box that had this in it: MAGNAFLOW #54305 Universal-Cat http://www.car-sound.com/02product/d...niversal=54305

Its BNIB (must have bought it for my '94 Eagle Talon before i wrecked it)

The Cat on my truck is perfectly fine, but I wanted to know IF I ever had to replace it, would it work?? I know that the pipe diameter is a match (2.25") and that I would need to weld a short length of additional pipe to make up for the length difference.

Should I hang onto it for the future, or sell it cheap???

thanks
Old 12-17-2010, 08:34 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
If its a Honey comb design, it should work, however, you have years of life left in your OEM cat, Im sure.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:43 AM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIPICOTACO View Post
thanks for the response. yea its a honey-comb, and you'r right I'l prob never have to replace my stock CAT, even though i do have 228k on my baby.

Mayb if upgrade the muffler next spring I'l throw a new CAT on as well for max-flow!
Some folks have had check engine lights useing the Magnaflow cats, so keep that in mind. IMHO, I think its worth it to hang onto it.