Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

true fact about intake

Old 12-19-2010, 11:02 AM   #1
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
true fact about intake

So you know how intake say they reduce emissions, I tested it out I take autoshop in my high school and I used a sniffer it goes up the exhaust pipe to test the co2,Nox and other gases so I tested with the stock intake then with the after market one the results were lower emissions with the after market intake compared to stock one.

So more power with better emission
Old 12-19-2010, 11:14 AM   #2
Crazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Keith
Crazyfrog's Tacoma Gallery
Punctuation? My eyes went crossed reading that.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:28 AM   #3
TWhit is on a distinguished road
Name: Tim
TWhit's Tacoma Gallery
I'm glad I wasn't the only one.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:35 AM   #5
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
no not any better
Old 12-20-2010, 01:50 PM   #6
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
lol one period but thats cool
Old 12-20-2010, 01:52 PM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Cool. Lets save the environment but adding intake that will reduce emissions and give is 3 to 5 horsepower for $300.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:56 PM   #8
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacooon View Post
So, Do you know how they say the stock intake reduces emissions? I tested it out. I take autoshop at my high school and I used a sniffer. It goes up the exhaust pipe to test for CO2, NOx, and other gases. I tested with the stock intake and then with the after market intkae. The results were lower emissions with the after market intake as compared to stock one.

Now, my question is was the exhaust tested at operating temps during both tests?
Old 12-20-2010, 01:59 PM   #9
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Now, my question is was the exhaust tested at operating temps during both tests?
what he said^^^^^^
Old 12-20-2010, 04:19 PM   #10
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tarantino View Post
what he said^^^^^^
What they said. ALso, Engine at the same temp?
Old 12-21-2010, 09:30 AM   #11
Turbo Meister
Speed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Speed Freek's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah like said above the cats need to be hot to get a real test..and if the truck is static then only TIME will generate heat if no load is involved..

I used to do 3rd party dyno testing so I know how easy tests can be botched, we did over 5 runs per change during testing while monitering EVERYTHING you could imagine...

I am just assuming but your first test was done "cold" and your next test (because of the first one) was much warmer and the cats are what helped your results.

Even engine temp is not the final measurement needed, but that coupled with cat temp will help you get consistency.

More info on the test?
Old 12-21-2010, 09:34 AM   #12
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Freek View Post
Yeah like said above the cats need to be hot to get a real test..and if the truck is static then only TIME will generate heat if no load is involved..

I used to do 3rd party dyno testing so I know how easy tests can be botched, we did over 5 runs per change during testing while monitering EVERYTHING you could imagine...

I am just assuming but your first test was done "cold" and your next test (because of the first one) was much warmer and the cats are what helped your results.

Even engine temp is not the final measurement needed, but that coupled with cat temp will help you get consistency.

More info on the test?
This was also my assumption.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:38 AM   #13
USFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Medical
Name: Jeff
USFCON's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Edited hope its better now
Old 01-01-2011, 11:14 PM   #15
kessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to behold

kessler89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So you know how intake say they reduce emissions, I tested it out I take autoshop in my high school and I used a sniffer it goes up the exhaust pipe to test the co2,Nox and other gases so I tested with the stock intake then with the after market one the results were lower emissions with the after market intake compared to stock one.

yeah because your truck is probably running leaner
Old 01-01-2011, 11:16 PM   #16
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Did not know that but I only did an emisions test and got better emissions with the cold air intake than the stock intake
Old 01-02-2011, 05:45 PM   #17
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-02-2011, 06:14 PM   #18
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Did not know that but I only did an emisions test and got better emissions with the cold air intake than the stock intake
You may have gotten a better reading due to the engine being closer, or at, operating temp.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:15 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
so, no facts here
No. Simply an observation. And without the temps being equal, too many variables to give a cunclusion. For one thing, If the OP pulled his truck into the test bay, after it was sitting for any length of time, Then ran the test, and stopped it, the engine is going to continue to get a little hotter than it was when he shut it off.....Much like a Turkey pulled from an oven tends to cook a little bit more, even though the heat source was taken away. Anyway.....Then the "Cold air intake" is installed, engine fired up, and tested. Being as its now at a hotter temp, it should be running "Cleaner", as the optimal emissions is reached at opperating temp. Now.....If the engine temp was monitored, and both tests were performed at 185*, with the same load on the engine (from a rolling dyno, much like an emission place uses), some accuracy can be had, and the title of this thread would prove more relevant.