Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Banks Monster Exhaust

Old 12-21-2010, 05:46 AM   #1
5vzrider00 is on a distinguished road
5vzrider00's Tacoma Gallery
Banks Monster Exhaust

Is the banks monster exhaust a good exhaust for the 4.0 tacoma? If so where is a good place to get a hold of one? thanks!
Old 12-21-2010, 09:29 AM   #2
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
It is a good exhaust as far as i'm concerned. It's a round straight threw spiral core muffler made with stainless steel and mandrel bent tubing. Sounds good too! Should be a good choice. I have a round spiral core muffler on my 1grfe and i think it sounds good.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:34 AM   #3
5vzrider00 is on a distinguished road
5vzrider00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSupreem View Post
It is a good exhaust as far as i'm concerned. It's a round straight threw spiral core muffler made with stainless steel and mandrel bent tubing. Sounds good too! Should be a good choice. I have a round spiral core muffler on my 1grfe and i think it sounds good.

Who sales them other than banks himself?
Old 12-21-2010, 09:37 AM   #4
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
I hate this exhaust system...I have heard this exhaust on a 4.0 Tacoma and on a '06 V6 Nissan Frontier and both had annoying in-cab drone. Way too loud for my taste.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:46 AM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I have it and I like it. No drone in the cab when you are at a steady speed. It can be a bit loud with the windows down but my intake is louder at full throttle. I was going for a TRD or Magnaflow but Banks called me up and gave me a deal since it was a test fit.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:51 AM   #6
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
eeeww thats not good. I've never heard one in person.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:54 PM   #7
BeardedTaco has much to be proud ofBeardedTaco has much to be proud ofBeardedTaco has much to be proud ofBeardedTaco has much to be proud ofBeardedTaco has much to be proud ofBeardedTaco has much to be proud ofBeardedTaco has much to be proud ofBeardedTaco has much to be proud ofBeardedTaco has much to be proud ofBeardedTaco has much to be proud of
BeardedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I have it and it's ok. I did feel a loss in low end torque due to the 3" size but it picked it up on the mid and high end because of the flow. I only installed it because I got a smoking deal on it. My buddy has the TRD on his and I personally like it better than mine.

I found this on the web. Mine sounds the same. It's not my video btw-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYR2VJGSH2o?fs=1
Old 12-21-2010, 02:57 PM   #8
BeardedTaco has much to be proud ofBeardedTaco has much to be proud ofBeardedTaco has much to be proud ofBeardedTaco has much to be proud ofBeardedTaco has much to be proud ofBeardedTaco has much to be proud ofBeardedTaco has much to be proud ofBeardedTaco has much to be proud ofBeardedTaco has much to be proud ofBeardedTaco has much to be proud of
found this other one also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8ITsSTwpuU?fs=1
Old 12-21-2010, 03:00 PM   #9
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedTaco View Post
I have it and it's ok. I did feel a loss in low end torque due to the 3" size but it picked it up on the mid and high end because of the flow. I only installed it because I got a smoking deal on it. My buddy has the TRD on his and I personally like it better than mine.

I found this on the web. Mine sounds the same. It's not my video btw-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYR2VJGSH2o?fs=1
That's me when the exhaust was new. I want to post something better. A Go Pro stuck to the side of the truck and a drive around would be nice.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:02 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
That's me when the exhaust was new. I want to post something better. A Go Pro stuck to the side of the truck and a drive around would be nice.
Lmao! cool video.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:25 PM   #11
mdapka is on a distinguished road
mdapka's Tacoma Gallery
sounds good to me.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:31 PM   #12
Txpro79 is on a distinguished road
Txpro79's Tacoma Gallery
dood thats next to my house.. hahah...
Old 02-17-2011, 05:35 PM   #13
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txpro79 View Post
dood thats next to my house.. hahah...
Lol. Ever hear or see a black 06 GTO peeling out from the Just Tires? That is my buddy.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:59 AM   #14
Txpro79 is on a distinguished road
Txpro79's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Lol. Ever hear or see a black 06 GTO peeling out from the Just Tires? That is my buddy.

hmmm..dont think so.. but you might here my lexus running around... its insanely loud..
Old 03-11-2011, 10:20 PM   #15
Sprink21 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jon
Sprink21's Tacoma Gallery
I've had the banks exhuast on my double cab for a few months now and love it. It's loud with my K&N intake when im laying into the gas, but i like the noise.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:04 PM   #16
Tacoeye 808 is on a distinguished road
Name: rey
Tacoeye 808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprink21 View Post
I've had the banks exhuast on my double cab for a few months now and love it. It's loud with my K&N intake when im laying into the gas, but i like the noise.
Can anyone put a pic on how the attached the saddle clamp. I don't know if I went to far or if I'm supposed to clamp it on the grooves ? Need help ASAP new to this