LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

V4 with exhaust system

Old 01-05-2011, 07:08 PM   #1
coop2 is on a distinguished road
coop2's Tacoma Gallery
V4 with exhaust system

I'm new to Tacoma world and I have a 2011 Tacoma v4 and I want to buy an exhaust system for it but have heard bad things about v4s and exhaust. So if you know about v4s and what sounds good on them please help!!!! Thanks
Old 01-05-2011, 07:09 PM   #2
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW... You either have an inline 4 or a V-6. Only V-4 I knew of was made by Saab and Ford in Europe...
Old 01-05-2011, 07:19 PM   #3
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
What do you want? Headers, catback?

Headers: http://www.urdusa.com/Exhaust-&-Head...duct_info.html

Catback (for Access cab): http://www.urdusa.com/Exhaust-&-Head...duct_info.html

Note, a catback system is kinda wasteful since you are paying money for steel piping. Better to just buy a high-flow muffler and have a shop like Midas weld it on for you.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:31 PM   #4
coop2's Tacoma Gallery
You can tell I'm new haha I just want something that sounds mean lol but I'm new to all this and a lot of tacos ive heard sound terrible
Old 01-05-2011, 07:31 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Honestly you have a 4 banger and any exhaust on it will make it sound like a rice mobile.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:49 PM   #8
coop2's Tacoma Gallery
2wd

It's a 2wd I have a feeling when my parents got me that truck I wouldnt be able to Do a lot of things to it do y'all got any suggestions
Old 01-07-2011, 08:27 AM   #9
RN
BenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
BenJammn5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by coop2 View Post
It's a 2wd I have a feeling when my parents got me that truck I wouldnt be able to Do a lot of things to it do y'all got any suggestions
How old are you? Are you contributing to the monthly payments? If you're supporting the cost of the vehicle I'd say you have the right to make minor modifications.

I assume you're still in school and the funds are tight. Mufflers are relatively in expensive, and intakes will cost $160-250. Best performance bump, and reasonable sound would be an intake.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:52 AM   #10
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
You know, it may be just fine the way it is... Just drive it for awhile before doing any mods... Don't waste money on something that won't make a difference. Keep reading TW and look at other's trucks photos and see what looks good to you. Is your interst in street rigs or off road? Tires and wheels are a common 'mod'... If off road, a light bar and off road lights are an easy mod. Enjoy!!
Old 01-07-2011, 10:54 AM   #11
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
You can do plenty to a 4banger... but please, please don't add an exhaust system that makes it sound like a rice rocket.

Please. Your truck begs you.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:55 AM   #12
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Magnaflow sounds good on the 4 bangers.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:58 AM   #13
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Stock exhaust...

I did the loud exhaust thing back when I was teenager. I love my stock exhaust. Plus like everyone else said, it's a 4cyl, it's gonna sound like ass.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:01 PM   #14
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
FIFY

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04LTtacoma View Post
Nothing sounds good on the 4 bangers.