LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Mass air flow sensor Questions

Old 01-08-2011, 12:29 PM   #1
Rather be wheeling
trdDANIEL is a glorious beacon of lighttrdDANIEL is a glorious beacon of lighttrdDANIEL is a glorious beacon of lighttrdDANIEL is a glorious beacon of lighttrdDANIEL is a glorious beacon of lighttrdDANIEL is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Daniel
trdDANIEL's Tacoma Gallery
Mass air flow sensor Questions

So i have the TRD CAI and wondering what kind of air flow sensor would be best. I have done some research but really lacking when it comes to egine knowledge.

Any advice or tips!?

Thanks, Daniel
Old 01-08-2011, 12:31 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
There is no aftermarket replacement.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:35 PM   #3
Rather be wheeling
trdDANIEL is a glorious beacon of lighttrdDANIEL is a glorious beacon of lighttrdDANIEL is a glorious beacon of lighttrdDANIEL is a glorious beacon of lighttrdDANIEL is a glorious beacon of lighttrdDANIEL is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
There is no aftermarket replacement.
Really! man do you know of any sensor to maximize the CAI output
Old 01-08-2011, 12:35 PM   #4
skeezix is on a distinguished road
skeezix's Tacoma Gallery
>>Failure to prepare is preparing to fail.

Yep. Sorta like "Plan the work and work the plan"
Old 01-08-2011, 12:37 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdDANIEL View Post
Really! man do you know of any sensor to maximize the CAI output
There is a MAF calibrator from URD. It changes the MAF signal before it gets to the computer but it isn't a full replacement MAF sensor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeezix View Post
>>Failure to prepare is preparing to fail.

Yep. Sorta like "Plan the work and work the plan"
A manager at work has mine on his wall. I thought it was pretty good.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:39 PM   #6
Rather be wheeling

Quote:
There is a MAF calibrator from URD. It changes the MAF signal before it gets to the computer but it isn't a full replacement MAF sensor.

A manager at work has mine on his wall. I thought it was pretty good.

Okay, cool so it doesnt fully replace the sensor but it does improve the performance, right?
Old 01-08-2011, 12:42 PM   #7
Banned
Quote:
Okay, cool so it doesnt fully replace the sensor but it does improve the performance, right?
Some say it does a pretty good job without mods. I have no experience with it.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:48 PM   #8
Rather be wheeling

Quote:
Some say it does a pretty good job without mods. I have no experience with it.
Cool thanks for your help
Old 01-08-2011, 05:27 PM   #9
lasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant future
Navy: Lead PO Submarine Reactor Control Dvision
lasllc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So i have the TRD CAI and wondering what kind of air flow sensor would be best. I have done some research but really lacking when it comes to egine knowledge.
This is not really a hijack, but it is interesting to note that the MAF that is installed on all '05 and 1/2 to, at least the Jun of '09 4.0s is no longer supported in the Toyota Parts chain.

When installing the new version of the TRD CAI, you simply remove and install the old MAF from the OME system and go. BUT if you damage the MAF and try to replace it from Toyota they will be unable to provide you with the proper item.

The new version is a completely differant shape and mounting system in the induction tube.

It is available from third party and rebuilders though.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:45 AM   #10
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasllc View Post
This is not really a hijack, but it is interesting to note that the MAF that is installed on all '05 and 1/2 to, at least the Jun of '09 4.0s is no longer supported in the Toyota Parts chain.

When installing the new version of the TRD CAI, you simply remove and install the old MAF from the OME system and go. BUT if you damage the MAF and try to replace it from Toyota they will be unable to provide you with the proper item.

The new version is a completely differant shape and mounting system in the induction tube.

that is kinda retarded. So on my 07 if my MAF goes bad toyota cant replace it ???
Old 02-09-2011, 10:53 AM   #11
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasllc View Post

If this was true then intake kits would not work on all V6 Tacomas. The TRD intake I bought for my 2010 was on a 07 or 08 truck.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:34 AM   #12
lasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant future
Navy: Lead PO Submarine Reactor Control Dvision
lasllc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If this was true then intake kits would not work on all V6 Tacomas. The TRD intake I bought for my 2010 was on a 07 or 08 truck.
I am sure it does; and it would fit just fine and obviously does.

However, if you notice, my statement was "new version" of the TRD CAI; the 50 state legal one. It is is configured to work with the old style MAF and the current Toyota supplied MAF will not fit, so only remans available if your MAF goes bad. Or you update to the new "new version" of intake pipe to the tune of around a grand or so.