Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

03 Tacoma mods to increase power?

Old 01-09-2011, 07:23 AM   #1
TKingsleyG is on a distinguished road
Name: Trevor
TKingsleyG's Tacoma Gallery
Post 03 Tacoma mods to increase power?

I am the new owner of a 2003 tacoma 2 wheel drive sr5 and i would like to know if there are any engine mods out there or things i can do to beef up the power a bit that wont run in the 1,000's of dollars range. Just little things that will add some horsepower. If there arent any little things to beef it up, then what are the expensive things that will add the most power?
Old 01-09-2011, 02:29 PM   #3
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Toyota Truck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUSETACO View Post
Search for deckplate mod. It's cheap and will add a few HP.
this and some headers, but dont expect much.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:47 AM   #4
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
I am pretty thrilled with the better throttle response and few extra hp from this mod
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...dge-style.html
hey why not-it's super easy to do and it's FREEEEEEE
Old 01-11-2011, 01:14 PM   #5
Livin' the taco life
jcemitte is on a distinguished road

Name: Jake
jcemitte's Tacoma Gallery
im assuming you have the 2.4 liter motor with an automatic trans, and i have just the advice for you. turbo, or find a different truck. its a sad pesemistic point of view but its a reality i also must suffer as well. i got a aftermarket exaust and did the deckplate mod and it gave me a noticeable, but not substatial difference in mid range torque. there isnt much of the way in pep adding for our little truck because it wieghs about 3,150ish lbs and only has about 142ish hp assuming it hasnt lost any power since it was built.( which is more than likely the case ) ive since started pipe dreaming about a LC engineering 2rz tubo kit and started making my trucks audio and appearance, which is not my thing cause im in the mountains alot so until i can get a 4x4 taco or go up to the full size im just going to have to be content. sorry to burst your bubble.