Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Complaints NOT allowed here

Old 01-09-2011, 10:15 AM   #1
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Complaints NOT allowed here

I want to only hear about those trucks like mine that have given nothing but perfect service to their proud owners.
Mine has 94,000 miles and has never had anything but maintainance done to it. The word "repair" never applied as of yet. Any other Tacomas out there like this? All I ever see is complaints.
Even if you've had a coulple minor issues, post up the GOOD stuff you actually appreciate about your truck-its attributes.
I especially want to see 2nd gens in here
Old 01-09-2011, 10:22 AM   #2
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
165k on mine, ~22k put on by me without a single problem.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:22 AM   #3
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
I want to only hear about those trucks like mine that have given nothing but perfect service to their proud owners.
Mine has 94,000 miles and has never had anything but maintainance done to it. The word "repair" never applied as of yet. Any other Tacomas out there like this? All I ever see is complaints.
Even if you've had a coulple minor issues, post up the GOOD stuff you actually appreciate about your truck-its attributes.
I especially want to see 2nd gens in here
Frank, I'm closing in on 40,000 miles with no issues. Not a ton of miles, but my 97 went for 175,000 before it even needed brakes. Hoping for a repeat performance!
Old 01-09-2011, 10:35 AM   #5
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
My 2002 had 125k miles when i sold it.never had a problem with it.had all original brakes and muffler.no rot or rust on frame.the stock dunlops (30k.rated) went 90k for the front tires and 115k on the rear.tires never rotated.I knew it was a mistake selling but I needed the new double cab with a child on the way.I remember the day the guy was coming to get her,I truly felt sick thinking about it.the truck was great to me,never left me stranded, and made me a lot of money.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:41 AM   #7
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
my 98 has 199xxx miles. its gonna roll 200,000 miles before wednesday probably. ive sucked water up in 3 times and all ive changed is the plugs, and 1 injector. which was my fault ive flushed the radiator and changed the oil on a regular basis. other than that i have beat the heck out of my truck and she has never let me down.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:44 AM   #9
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Almost 26K and no real problems. Just TSBs.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:46 AM   #10
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
15k miles with zero problem on my 2010.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:46 AM   #11
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
OP dont jinx yerself, knock on wood
Old 01-09-2011, 10:49 AM   #12
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
40k on my '07, only had to perform routine maintenence and argue with the dealer on a couple TSBs.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:38 PM   #13
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtacomaguy View Post
Frank, I'm closing in on 40,000 miles with no issues. Not a ton of miles, but my 97 went for 175,000 before it even needed brakes. Hoping for a repeat performance!
That '97-that's amazing! You don't hear enough about these trucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbeezy View Post
OP dont jinx yerself, knock on wood
WTF? I can't express how reliable my truck has been then ask to hear from Tacoma owners who have trouble-free trucks but another guy can ask what makes you take a shit in the morning and nobody says a fuckin word? I genuinely want to see how many trucks here have given great service because there isn't enough said about this. Keep them coming you guys.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:15 PM   #14
silvr07taco is on a distinguished road

silvr07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
I guess my truck isn't perfect. Since buying it new back in April of 07 I've had to replace a tail light bulb... Truck now has 15,890 miles.
Exactly the same as you! Tail light replaced once.! mine has only 15,450 though

These trucks work like champs!
Old 01-09-2011, 02:44 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
My 2002 had 125k miles when i sold it.never had a problem with it.had all original brakes and muffler.no rot or rust on frame.the stock dunlops (30k.rated) went 90k for the front tires and 115k on the rear.tires never rotated.I knew it was a mistake selling but I needed the new double cab with a child on the way.I remember the day the guy was coming to get her,I truly felt sick thinking about it.the truck was great to me,never left me stranded, and made me a lot of money.
Another great story PD-you must have a driving style that really saves tires-I would like to learn what's your secret. I can understand how you felt when you had to part with it I hope I continue to have the same luck you had with yours
Old 01-09-2011, 03:48 PM   #16
jmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud of

Army:
jmdaniel's Tacoma Gallery
Had my '93 for 15 years and 156K miles. Only had to replace 1 starter, a couple batteries, and tires. Sold it to buy a FJ Cruiser. Dumbass move.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:37 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
Had my '93 for 15 years and 156K miles. Only had to replace 1 starter, a couple batteries, and tires. Sold it to buy a FJ Cruiser. Dumbass move.
I just got back from my walk and a young guy drove by in a '93-94 with the 4-banger, fat offroads and a flow-it was a neat sight How come you didn't like the FJ? I sat in one at the dealer and said "not for me"
Old 01-09-2011, 04:41 PM   #18
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
91,000 here and no issues but regular maintenance. I redid the suspension, but that was not due to failure. I have the timing belt replacement coming up and that will be the biggest mechanical job ever done to it. it is holding up exactly the way that I had hoped when i bought it.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:43 PM   #19
I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1
Johns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Johns Taco's Tacoma Gallery
A+++ to this thread, my 05 has 0 problems at 49K. This is why I bought a Tacoma.