Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Electronic Exhuast Cut-Off

Old 01-10-2011, 11:44 PM   #1
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
Electronic Exhuast Cut-Off

Anyone know about how much these typically run? Also will it sound like crap on a V6 and are there any performance gains from it?
Old 01-10-2011, 11:52 PM   #2
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
I have some on my stroked 302, I love them. A few hp and torque gains...nothing massive....wont turn you into a top fuel dragster lol.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:02 AM   #3
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lol didn't figure as much. How bout the sound? Would it go to waste on a V6? My buddy has a sweet 360R Rousch Mustang and he was telling me about it today
Old 01-11-2011, 12:04 AM   #4
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

well it gives me a boner with the cut off open haha but mine is stroked and cammed.

SO....idk if they will be great on out engines:/ otherwise i would of had them already lol
Old 01-11-2011, 12:14 AM   #5

http://www.google.com/search?q=dougs...4ee6e4e8056c32
Kinda pricey too
Old 01-11-2011, 12:22 AM   #6

Can't really find a good V6 video
Old 01-11-2011, 03:19 AM   #8
tsab916 has a spectacular aura abouttsab916 has a spectacular aura abouttsab916 has a spectacular aura about

tsab916's Tacoma Gallery
I've heard somewhere that its also suppose to help on gas milage...not in city but hyw....I guess less backpressure?
Old 01-11-2011, 08:27 AM   #9
Victory is reserved...

Yes you lose a lot of back pressure. I get shitty mileage anyways so I can't see the difference. Toucan any luck finding out some info?
Old 01-11-2011, 10:08 AM   #10

PM'ed Jason's
Old 01-11-2011, 10:55 AM   #12
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
On a performance car they can be usefull and sound cool...

On a V6 pickup truck that is not and will never be a racecar...kinda stupid IMO.

I have a buddy who has blown his to bits a few times from backfires.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:32 PM   #13
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F64rIwDUb4E

It sounds great except at the lower rpms under a light load. That video doesn't really capture it's deepness. Of course it's not as deep as a v8 but it has a decent tone.

Mileage? I have no idea if it effects it. I rarely have it open for more than a couple minutes and I figure my mileage by the tank.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/flo...ml#post1843721
That video is more how it sounds.

If you want to get a better idea how it sounds unbolt your exhaust at the flange after the y pipe. Make sure to not mess up the gasket.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:00 PM   #14

Sweet, maybe I could run it like that for a hot minute as a poor mans cut out lol. Off topic but how do you delete rear cats? Do you have to weld in a new pipe to cover the distance? And could you do flanges for smog inspection time?

EDIT: Sounds sweet as hell Would you be able to do a drive by at WOT?
Old 01-12-2011, 02:50 PM   #16
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToucanV13 View Post
Sweet, maybe I could run it like that for a hot minute as a poor mans cut out lol. Off topic but how do you delete rear cats? Do you have to weld in a new pipe to cover the distance? And could you do flanges for smog inspection time?

EDIT: Sounds sweet as hell Would you be able to do a drive by at WOT?
As far as I know that's how you do it. I've never heard of anybody do the flanges to make the cats removable but I guess it would work. I'm not sure how strict they are or if they'd see what you did. We don't have inspections down here.

Thanks, I'll try to get a drive by video soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunknsloth View Post
What about none electronic cut-offs?
I wouldn't. It would get annoying to have it open the whole time and having to get under the truck to quiet it down.