Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

1/8mile Drags!

Old 01-11-2011, 10:25 PM   #1
RN
BenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
BenJammn5's Tacoma Gallery
1/8mile Drags!

First time drag racing, had an awesome time. Best time of 10.44 at 70mph. I averaged 10.6 at 68.5. Was surprised how well the truck kept up with the Honda's and Nissan's. Was neck and neck with a 93 240, beat a Jetta GLI turbo, Blazer and an old 289 Mustang. All the Civics beat me, some by a lot, others barely. Lined up against a 350z and challenger, and I thought they'd actually be a lot faster. In the 8th mile you can't really destroy anyone unless you have a great reaction time and take off. For kicks I raced a corvette and SS camaro. Check it out!!

Video!

Old 01-13-2011, 03:29 PM   #3
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
u supercharged?
Old 01-13-2011, 03:30 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Sounds like you dropped the clutch a tad too hard but even then I think you would have spun. Lock it up next time.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:20 PM   #5
RN
BenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
BenJammn5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by A7XT View Post
Nice man thats pretty sick!
thanks bro, it was fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by achirdo View Post
u supercharged?
I wish. Intake and exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Sounds like you dropped the clutch a tad too hard but even then I think you would have spun. Lock it up next time.
I did drop it a little early. The track was slippery. I dumped it at 1500 RPM and tires couldn't catch just spun like crazy. You are correct, either way I would have spun. I thought about the locker but feared that I'd break it on the pavement. The ASLD seemed to work okay.. I tried a run with all electronics off and it was a bad start, so I kept the LSD on the whole time

At least it was good enough to beat that Jetta! Or I should say, smoke the Jetta haha
Old 01-15-2011, 09:24 PM   #6
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting.