Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Flowmaster Dual Exhaust kit

Old 08-28-2008, 06:30 AM   #2
Nobody makes me bleed my own blood.
mudduck will become famous soon enough

mudduck's Tacoma Gallery
it looks pretty cool, but there's not much tech. info on the page. whats it gonna do for my truck other than give it a bad ass growl?
Old 08-28-2008, 06:49 AM   #3
Chomag will become famous soon enough
Chomag's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudduck View Post
it looks pretty cool, but there's not much tech. info on the page. whats it gonna do for my truck other than give it a bad ass growl?
Flowmaster is pretty much completely designed for sound so there would most likely not be much if any performance gain with the set up such as what a high flow like a magnaflow might give you. However with my flowmaster 40 I seem to have gained 1-2 more mpg.

Bare in mind though that the muffler used in this set up is a 50 series and correct me if I'm wrong but I think thats their most mellow sounding muffler they make.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:54 AM   #4
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Probably nothing. Besides the growl maybe help the engine breathe a little better, but i've heard that breathing too well can also be a problem due to the engine needing a certain amount of back pressure from the exhaust to run right. Whatever it will look good
Old 08-28-2008, 07:07 AM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
just to throw this out there..........i had a flowmaster duals on my 06 with the 4.0, pipes straight out the rear..........everything for $300 at a local exhaust shop......so im just saying you can get it done way cheaper than buying it directly from flowmaster. that $300 included piping,hangers and polished stainless 3 inch tips and the muffler(40 seires). here is what the 40 with duals will sound like on the 4.0 v6...........

Old 08-28-2008, 07:09 AM   #6
Nobody makes me bleed my own blood.
mudduck will become famous soon enough

mudduck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
just to throw this out there..........i had a flowmaster duals on my 06 with the 4.0, pipes straight out the rear..........everything for $300 at a local exhaust shop......so im just saying you can get it done way cheaper than buying it directly from flowmaster. that $300 included piping,hangers and polished stainless 3 inch tips and the muffler(40 seires). here is what the 40 with duals will sound like on the 4.0 v6...........

sweet. thanks tacoman!
Old 08-28-2008, 07:25 AM   #8
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
That's a CAT-BACK system. You can find it much cheaper online if you do some searching.

$365 at Jegs
http://www.jegs.com/i/Flowmaster/389/17432/10002/-1

$360
http://www.car-stuff.com/carparts/to...f13174321.html

$354
http://www.wundercarparts.com/addite...TKPF52G70TQJK7

Laugh - I just did this searching the other day. Christmas ideas I went to my local shop and the quote they gave me was almost like the cost of that exact kit plus labor. He told me...$600+. NO THANKS!!! I wouldn't trust going anywhere else to have that done around here.

From what I understand....the Flowmaster 70 series is their quietest muffler. But - they don't make dual or Cat-back kit with the 70 muffler in it.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:27 AM   #9
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
That's a CAT-BACK system. You can find it much cheaper online if you do some searching.

$365 at Jegs
http://www.jegs.com/i/Flowmaster/389/17432/10002/-1

$360
http://www.car-stuff.com/carparts/to...f13174321.html

$354
http://www.wundercarparts.com/addite...TKPF52G70TQJK7

Laugh - I just did this searching the other day. Christmas ideas I went to my local shop and the quote they gave me was almost like the cost of that exact kit plus labor. He told me...$600+. NO THANKS!!! I wouldn't trust going anywhere else to have that done around here.
damn!!!!! $600.............hell i paid $300 for labor and everything. those shops must really love their work!!