LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Exhaust Tacoma

Old 08-29-2008, 08:21 AM   #21
red06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to behold

red06toy's Tacoma Gallery
Its all in what you like, some guys like the trucks really loud, I had dual 40 series flowmasters on my 95 3.4 t-100, that truck would set off car alarms at my college parking lot! It was fun, but brutal in the cab at low rpm. The dual set up behind the rear wheels on a 45* angle looks the best its classic. As long as we like the trucks we build, thats all that matters
Old 08-29-2008, 08:22 AM   #22
red06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to behold

red06toy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERdept View Post
True dat. You need back pressure, even with an intake. I got a Magnaflow and am very happy with it.
Yeah Im happy with it too, been on about a year. sounds great
Old 08-29-2008, 08:28 AM   #23
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
missileman125fw's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-29-2008, 10:36 PM   #24
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dat Popcorn View Post
Ricer?? It is far from being rice..
LOL, Yeah I think some over exagerate the definition of rice... A V6 will not soound like a V8, but hell I am damn proud of my Taco and the rumble it presents upon accelleration...

It's all about Balls, LOL... and Taco's pretty much come with these Standard... Ha Ha!!!

To each his own, And for me Borla is the Shiznet!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks to JBA and URD for such quality designed piping....
Old 08-30-2008, 10:06 AM   #25
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
well with dt short headers and a jardine and a AFE prod dry s, i think my 4 banger might qualify. i love the sound though
Old 08-30-2008, 10:33 AM   #26
ERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
ERIC's Tacoma Gallery
u should go with the gobson cat back and their shorty headers. plus they r direct bolt on no welding. and they r built to wrk together it creates on of the best sounds it almost has that grunt of a V-8. then try out the AEM brute force CAI
Old 08-30-2008, 11:34 AM   #27
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
yeah thought about a gibson but i just didnt like its sound. i mean it des help in towing and all but i dont need so much torque as i am going for Horsepower. whatever i do get from the performance mods i can deal with.
Old 08-30-2008, 03:31 PM   #28
craigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant future

craigFLA's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Borla cat back now, with everything else stock. I'm looking at the Thorley long headers, and would lke to change mufflers as the Borla is to loud in the cab IMO. Thought about a Flowmaster 50 delta, and maybe having a muffler shop replace the cat back with real stainless as my Borla tip is already pitting (25k miles).

Dont know if this setup will be "raspy" as others have experienced. If so, I could always add the URD pipe bombs and a high flow cat.

I like the sound of the Borla outside, but want something with a little less resonance.

Any suggestions?
Old 09-07-2008, 11:43 AM   #29
Toyota_hic is on a distinguished road
Name: Grant
Toyota_hic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Toyota_hic
im getting my silver ceramic JBA's and tru dual 40series put on this thur.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:44 AM   #30
Banned
RealSouthernPride has a little shameless behaviour in the past
RealSouthernPride's Tacoma Gallery
TRD Cat back.....
Old 09-12-2008, 10:28 AM   #31
MWCmike is on a distinguished road
Navy: AT2, (Squadrons) VC-8 Puerto Rico, VAQ-33 Norfolk
MWCmike's Tacoma Gallery
Catalytic converters

When you have the aftermarket exhaust installed, do they remove the dual catalytic converters, or do they start the installation aft of those? THX
Old 09-12-2008, 10:51 AM   #32
The New Guy
Fuzzyman81 is just really niceFuzzyman81 is just really niceFuzzyman81 is just really niceFuzzyman81 is just really nice

Fuzzyman81's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Fuzzyman81
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06

flowmaster 40 sounds great on the tacoma!!
I just got mine done about 2 weeks ago or so.... and I 2nd that!!!
Old 09-12-2008, 10:54 AM   #33
It's TACO time!
DFPTaco has a spectacular aura aboutDFPTaco has a spectacular aura about
Name: Josh
DFPTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm having flowmaster super 40 installed on monday!
Old 09-12-2008, 11:01 AM   #34
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWCmike View Post
When you have the aftermarket exhaust installed, do they remove the dual catalytic converters, or do they start the installation aft of those? THX
no, those arent removed unless you get a set of headers.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:05 AM   #35
Yeah, I'm that Guy
RememberMorrison is on a distinguished road
Marines: 0311
RememberMorrison's Tacoma Gallery
TRD exhaust came on my truck, its fine. My mustang was loud as f#ck...!
Old 09-12-2008, 11:11 AM   #36
xsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: AL
xsvtoyz's Tacoma Gallery
2.7 3rz Downey 4 into 1 highflow cat and flow 40 stock locations make it look stock and its not too loud. Was very loud before I put the cat in.
With the cam and CAI Iam happy.
I am working towards the Supercharger and I am hoping this will all work together.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:13 AM   #37
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
So, I was looking at another thread on the TRD Cat back... Is everyone generally getting a 2mpg increase in fuel efficiency with theirs? By my calcs, over 100,000 miles:

Stock (I'm averaging 19mpg and 19gal/tank at the gas station):
100,000 miles/(19mpg * 19gal/tank)=277 tanks of gas @ $4/gal * 19gal/tank=$21,052

W/ Cat Back (assuming 21mpg):
100,000 miles/(21mpg * 19gal/tank)=250 tanks of gas @ $4/gal * 19gal/tank=$19,045

That's a savings of over $2000!

Seems to me like it's worth the $400 investment, and that's the only way I'm going to convince my wife

Products Discussed in this Thread