Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Advice on performance upgrades

Old 08-31-2008, 10:45 AM   #21
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger View Post
so guys i'm gonna go ahead and do the deck plate mod today any tips or tricks I need to know? also I'm going to order the AFE filter.. is it okay to just use my OEM filter till I get the AFE performance filter?
be sure when you do the deck plate mod, that you use a sensor safe silicone in between the air box and the deck plate itself. other than that, its really easy. and its fine to use the oem filter till you get your afe filter........thats what im doing with no problems at all. i aint had the money to order my afe filter yet, but i will get it soon.
Old 08-31-2008, 05:55 PM   #22
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
I've been thinking about Headers also, and was wondering if I would pass emissions with the long tubes too? Im bouncing between the DT Longs or the JBA shorty's.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:02 PM   #23
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverTaco23 View Post
I've been thinking about Headers also, and was wondering if I would pass emissions with the long tubes too? Im bouncing between the DT Longs or the JBA shorty's.
you should be able to pass.......just may have to get an o2 sensor simulator!
Old 08-31-2008, 06:05 PM   #24
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
How is the JBA's performance? are they as good as the DT?
Old 08-31-2008, 06:06 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverTaco23 View Post
How is the JBA's performance? are they as good as the DT?
i have heard different opinions, but then again, i ahve heard alot of people praising the dt headers pretty regularly. toss up i guess. the dt's may not be too bad to install though.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:47 PM   #26
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
he has the 3.4 v6!!!

stanger....best bang for the buck....and dyno proven.....skip the intake and do the deck plate mod, and replace the filter with an afe pro dry s drop in filter. it will be the best say $15 for the deck plate, and $50 for the filter that you have ever spent. you can do headers if you want....the doug thorleys are great, trd also has some decent ones. as for a catback.....do do it. they cost way too much. some mufflers have a little performance over others, but not much....they are more for sound. just get the muffler of your choice welded in in place of the stock muffler, and you are set. mufflers for performance would be magnaflow or dynomax super turbo......for sound......go with a flowmaster 40.....sounds great!!

by the way...welcome to tw!!
For sound just run straight pipes. Cut everything off after the cat!!!! J/K
Old 09-01-2008, 02:57 PM   #27
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
that will sound really crappy on a 4 banger dont do it. v6...eh still pretty bad, but not as bad.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:45 AM   #28
stanger is on a distinguished road
stanger's Tacoma Gallery
so guys I went ahead and did the deck plate mod to my truck today and all I can say is wow!!!! I could not believe the difference that cheap upgrade made and I'm still using my OEM filter can't wait till I get the AFE filter. I capped off the silencers as well and now it sounds amazing!! And boy can you feel the power I'm very impressed. This was my first time working on a vehicule I took my time and made sure I did everything right. Thx for all the advice and I can't wait till I add headers and an exhaust system
Old 09-02-2008, 11:55 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger View Post
so guys I went ahead and did the deck plate mod to my truck today and all I can say is wow!!!! I could not believe the difference that cheap upgrade made and I'm still using my OEM filter can't wait till I get the AFE filter. I capped off the silencers as well and now it sounds amazing!! And boy can you feel the power I'm very impressed. This was my first time working on a vehicule I took my time and made sure I did everything right. Thx for all the advice and I can't wait till I add headers and an exhaust system
good to hear man!!!! the deck plate mod is awesome!!!
Old 09-02-2008, 12:55 PM   #30
stanger's Tacoma Gallery
now I was wondering what a good material would be to build a barrier around the deckplate.. or is that even necessary?
Old 10-01-2008, 10:35 AM   #31
stanger's Tacoma Gallery
holy smokes! just installed the magnaflow catback and i'm love! sounds amazing very impressed
Old 10-01-2008, 12:30 PM   #32
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
congrats.