Notices

problems with MAF Calibrator

Old 02-13-2011, 09:23 AM   #1
street taco
metric310 is on a distinguished road
Name: Alejandro
metric310's Tacoma Gallery
problems with MAF Calibrator

So i put in my URD MAF calibrator yesterday and now my truck is running like poop. if i floor it, it like struggles to jump from 1st to 2nd gear.it feels like it jumps directly to 3rd.. and then it tops out at 55, it wont go faster than that, and the revs star at about 4.7k. but if i drive the truck normally without flooring it, it runs just fine. anyone else have these problems before?
Old 02-14-2011, 06:37 AM   #2
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Sure that you have the right map for your truck and any other assorted add-ons? If you bought it new, talk to URD, if you bought it used, talk to URD.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:03 PM   #3
06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Cornelius Fire Department and Metro West Ambulance
Name: Robert
06TRDZombieHunter's Tacoma Gallery
Did you ever find the issue? I just installed my tonight and it wont rev at all.. its like the throttle position sensor is unplugged. . (its not) But I checked all my connections and fired off an email to URD, hoping for a quick response.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:41 AM   #5
06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murd3rd View Post
check your wiring. did you wire it yourself or get the plug-n-play?
I wired mine myself. . Had everything hooked up according to the instructions.. Problem was that I had the wrong instructions. After lots of emails to URD, a phone call, and some complaining on my part about vague instructions we realized I didnt have the right set. We identified the one wire I had hooked up that didnt apply to my rig and I cut it... re connected the batt and reset the remaining throttle position sensor codes and was back in business.

Im still making runs on the Butt Dyno to see if this performance mod makes any difference.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:22 PM   #6
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06TRDZombieHunter View Post
I wired mine myself. . Had everything hooked up according to the instructions.. Problem was that I had the wrong instructions. After lots of emails to URD, a phone call, and some complaining on my part about vague instructions we realized I didnt have the right set. We identified the one wire I had hooked up that didnt apply to my rig and I cut it... re connected the batt and reset the remaining throttle position sensor codes and was back in business.

Im still making runs on the Butt Dyno to see if this performance mod makes any difference.
awesome. Let us know asap when you find out
Old 05-19-2011, 08:06 PM   #7

It might just be the $200 dollars lighter my wallet is now, but I do think I can feel the engine put out a little more umph when climbing the RPMs. As I accelerate at half throttle and hold there the truck accelerates like it did before but gets a little giddy up at two distinct RPMs. Cant tell you those spots specifically right now but if anybody has "felt" the VVTI (Variable Valve Timing Intelligence) technology kick in. . Its kinda like that.

If you have no idea what im talking about search in on google or Wiki. Basically this technology is like having two different cams available, one mild for low RPMs, and one that holds the valves open a little longer at higher RPMs for more performance. Toyota Honda, Mazda and others all use it, but call the tech different names.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:08 PM   #8
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
VVT-i just changes the valve timing.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:17 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
VVT-i just changes the valve timing.
Yup.. Thats it in a nutshell. I realize what I wrote earlier is hard to understand and makes nearly no sense..

The URD MAF calibrator makes me feel like there is a tiny performance gain, but it might be just from the time/money I spent on it.

Rob