Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Snorkel Installation: 2nd Gen SS135MOD & 1st Gen SS170HF

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-09-2013, 01:01 PM   #741
H0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant future
H0LLYW00D's Tacoma Gallery
I have not bought the snorkel as I wanted to make sure I could install it and not run into any major issues first, so far the truck is "bullet proof" and reliable and don't want to change that. The piping is the major issue right now the other is a light that has to be moved onto the snorkel but that's fairly easy.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:08 PM   #743
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by H0LLYW00D View Post
I have not bought the snorkel as I wanted to make sure I could install it and not run into any major issues first, so far the truck is "bullet proof" and reliable and don't want to change that. The piping is the major issue right now the other is a light that has to be moved onto the snorkel but that's fairly easy.
I can give you dimensions if you want? Pretty sure I have some of the cut off rubber laying around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimwood Shady View Post
Use this and remove the light and keep it moving....
http://trdparts4u.toyotaofdallas.com...dproduct=-9554
Holly expensive batman

I think we paid something like $305 shipped for the first GB Kurt let us throw.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:11 PM   #744
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
I can give you dimensions if you want? Pretty sure I have some of the cut off rubber laying around.

Holly expensive batman

I think we paid something like $305 shipped for the first GB Kurt let us throw.

Yeah but that was a GB, they go for like $380 now...
Old 02-10-2013, 03:05 AM   #745
H0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant future
H0LLYW00D's Tacoma Gallery
Dimensions would be great, I plan to get some as well from my truck, best way to know if it is gonna work other than doing is looking at the numbers.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:26 AM   #747
Raoul Duke is on a distinguished road

Name: CJ
Raoul Duke's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd
Old 10-12-2013, 12:12 AM   #748
Ulysiss has a spectacular aura aboutUlysiss has a spectacular aura about

Name: Ulysiss
Ulysiss's Tacoma Gallery
Any one in the SGV area here that could help me install one of these
Old 10-12-2013, 05:52 AM   #749
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysiss View Post
Any one in the SGV area here that could help me install one of these

prob better off hitting up your regional bs threads
Old 12-09-2013, 10:11 AM   #750

Ulysiss's Tacoma Gallery
OKAY I PULLED THE TRIGGER AND DID THE INSTALL MYSELF HOW EVER IM 50% DONE I HAVE A 2013 TACOMA SO I WENT WITH AIRFLOW AFTER I DRILLED THE 4" HOLE THERE IS A BRACKET ON THE BODY RIGHT WERE THE 90 WOULD CONNECT WITH THE SNORKEL SO IT WONT LET THE 90 SIT FLUSH IT WONT EVEN CONNECT THE INSTRUCTIONS SAY SOME TACOMAS COME WITH THE BRACKET AND NEEDS TO BE MODIFIED THE BRACKET IS A LIL THINNER THAN 3/4 ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO CUT IT. I WAS THINKING OF TAKING IT TO A MUFFLER SHOP AND HAVE THAT BRACKET TORCHED OFF?
Old 12-09-2013, 10:15 AM   #751
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
OKAY I PULLED THE TRIGGER AND DID THE INSTALL MYSELF HOW EVER IM 50% DONE I HAVE A 2013 TACOMA SO I WENT WITH AIRFLOW AFTER I DRILLED THE 4" HOLE THERE IS A BRACKET ON THE BODY RIGHT WERE THE 90 WOULD CONNECT WITH THE SNORKEL SO IT WONT LET THE 90 SIT FLUSH IT WONT EVEN CONNECT THE INSTRUCTIONS SAY SOME TACOMAS COME WITH THE BRACKET AND NEEDS TO BE MODIFIED THE BRACKET IS A LIL THINNER THAN 3/4 ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO CUT IT. I WAS THINKING OF TAKING IT TO A MUFFLER SHOP AND HAVE THAT BRACKET TORCHED OFF?
Sent a link to 2 guys that just recently installed theirs on their '12
Old 12-09-2013, 10:17 AM   #752
Banned
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Airflow? As in their snorkel? If so this thread is for Safari snorkels and you may want to hit up one of their threads

No bracket issues with Safari snorkels. 4 bangers have a bracket in the way but it simply unbolts.

I'd just cut it off with my dremmel or a grinder.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:28 AM   #753
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Take a Dremel and a cutoff wheel and cut it out through the wheel well. If you look in my build thread (1st page is linked) I have a pic of it removed.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:03 AM   #754

Ulysiss's Tacoma Gallery
cant see to find the link???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimwood Shady View Post
Sent a link to 2 guys that just recently installed theirs on their '12
Old 12-09-2013, 11:04 AM   #755

Ulysiss's Tacoma Gallery
i see how you cut it, mine looks to look diffrent its about 12" long and welded on to the frame i will post pictures later thanks for the info guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeene9 View Post
Take a Dremel and a cutoff wheel and cut it out through the wheel well. If you look in my build thread (1st page is linked) I have a pic of it removed.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:40 PM   #756
AmericanAdventurist.com
TACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Senior Chief Hospital Corpsman (FMF)
TACODOC1's Tacoma Gallery
It's so cool to look back and see all the snorkels out there on 2nd gens now. When I first did this and wrote the install guide for Kurt it was only me and one other guy (Zolo) who had the balls to do it.

Years later, Safari still blows off the 2nd Gen Taco community but by god the FJ had one first year of production. LOL
Old 12-10-2013, 03:07 PM   #757
Banned
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACODOC1 View Post
It's so cool to look back and see all the snorkels out there on 2nd gens now. When I first did this and wrote the install guide for Kurt it was only me and one other guy (Zolo) who had the balls to do it.

Years later, Safari still blows off the 2nd Gen Taco community but by god the FJ had one first year of production. LOL
I read all the old threads on other forums and if I remember correctly ARB said it was because of limited sales to only NA for the Tacoma and because the FJ was international it got one

Either way - thanks for blazing the trail! Think I helped cut up 8 or 9 trucks to install them at this point.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:20 PM   #758
AmericanAdventurist.com
TACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Senior Chief Hospital Corpsman (FMF)
TACODOC1's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, Safari's reasoning is weak IMHO. As you can see, it would only take a small tweak or two to an existing design to bring it to market. Hell, even if they produced an interior/underhood kit for the SS135 to connect to the 1GR-FE it would be something. You either support your base or you don't, in this case they just chose not to.

But, it gave us something to do right?
Old 01-26-2014, 02:52 AM   #759
"Life is short and so is money."
FloopyPickles is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Aircraft Armament Systems Craftsman
Name: Troy
FloopyPickles's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good, but I'd cry cutting a hole in the side of my truck lol

Products Discussed in this Thread