Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-09-2014, 02:01 PM   #763
Wolftaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Luke
Wolftaco's Tacoma Gallery
Did this work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahshiet View Post
Any one ever mount a 1st gen tacoma snorkel on a 2nd gen?

Like so but it's not mounted

Did you ever install it? I would be interested in doing this myself since the first gen safari is a little cheaper and in a better location for me mainly because of my solenoid relocation spot.
Old 06-09-2014, 02:06 PM   #764
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloopyPickles View Post
Looks good, but I'd cry cutting a hole in the side of my truck lol
meh...if I refrained from doing anything I could mess up on, I would live one boring ass life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolftaco View Post
Did you ever install it? I would be interested in doing this myself since the first gen safari is a little cheaper and in a better location for me mainly because of my solenoid relocation spot.
It looks like it's mounted on his live pics
Old 07-11-2014, 06:57 AM   #765
Bayou Sultan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBayou Sultan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBayou Sultan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBayou Sultan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBayou Sultan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBayou Sultan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBayou Sultan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBayou Sultan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBayou Sultan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBayou Sultan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBayou Sultan is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Bayou Sultan's Tacoma Gallery
Nice work.
Old 11-16-2014, 11:09 PM   #766
WEST KY YOTA'S
TacomaYeti is on a distinguished road

Name: Reed
TacomaYeti's Tacoma Gallery
wanting a snorkel pretty badly, i have no tools nor proper skills to install this myself nor do i have courage to attempt this myself. would it be a good idea to have it installed at a exhaust shop?
Old 11-17-2014, 12:36 AM   #767
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
It is super simple. If you can use scissors and tape, there is little way to go wrong here. the right 'tools' will cost you less than $100 if you have absolutely nothing.

drill,
hole saw in 4"-1/4" or 1/8"
hole punch
socket set. 10mm & 12mm? or combo wrench
tape
scissors

thats it.

looked at this thread at all? http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/ove...ur-trucks.html
Old 11-17-2014, 12:38 AM   #768
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, though Reed, if they will do it for a reasonable price and you trust them with your truck. I bet a couple local members to you would do it for free though. Show up to a meet and make some friends.
Old 11-17-2014, 12:45 AM   #769
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Hi.
I purchased the safari snorkel 2 yrs ago and have yet to do my plumbing from the fender to airbox.
Reason being is I have the 2.7 and no plumbing is/was avail. I have all the 3.4 plumbing but as you might guess, its way different.
Anyone know if there is any 2.7 plumbing avail or am I going to have to fabricate my own.
What would you suggest?
Old 11-17-2014, 12:52 AM   #770
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
post a pic of your engine bay. I have a 2nd gen and made my own route for the plumbing. all I used was the stock components in the engine bay, hose clamps and the one piece of flex tubing they supplied.
Old 11-17-2014, 12:54 AM   #771
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Heres mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
You turkeys.

Old 11-17-2014, 01:02 AM   #772
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
post a pic of your engine bay. I have a 2nd gen and made my own route for the plumbing. all I used was the stock components in the engine bay,goes clamps and the one piece of flex tubing they supplied.
Yea. Mines a first gen.
Biggest issue is the snorkel enters right at the door/fender area and the airbox sits completely in the front right hand corner of the engine bay.
Old 11-17-2014, 01:03 AM   #773
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Flipped the plumbing 180º upside down, cut the water box off, and used the flex tubing to connect everything. I did cut a second hole in the fender though, so it signed up at the back of the firewall instead of in the stock location.
Old 11-17-2014, 01:06 AM   #774
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
Yea. Mines a first gen.
Biggest issue is the snorkel enters right at the door/fender area and the airbox sits completely in the front right hand corner of the engine bay.
Get a pic up later today of the engine bay and components that the snorkel ships with. I keep being told that they have intake parts in aluminum at the local PepBoys Auto Parts store. You could easily get the right plumbing with them just playing with parts.
Old 11-17-2014, 01:08 AM   #775

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Get a pic up later today of the engine bay and components that the snorkel ships with. I keep being told that they have intake parts in aluminum at the local PepBoys Auto Parts store. You could easily get the right plumbing with them just playing with parts.
Aight. At work atm.
I'll see if I can find what they shipped me and post up later today.
Thx.
Old 11-17-2014, 01:09 AM   #776
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
No stress, I look at things differently than most
Old 11-17-2014, 12:09 PM   #777
WEST KY YOTA'S
TacomaYeti is on a distinguished road

Name: Reed
TacomaYeti's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes, though Reed, if they will do it for a reasonable price and you trust them with your truck. I bet a couple local members to you would do it for free though. Show up to a meet and make some friends.
Very nice, thanks for the input. I'm stuck between, ARB snorkel, 48" light bar, or roof rack to get for myself for Christmas...tough decisions
Old 11-17-2014, 11:29 PM   #778
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Well, I would get the roof rack, then the light and finally the snorkel. OR Roof Rack, snorkel, Light....

The roof rack is normally a mounting point for the light

Products Discussed in this Thread