LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

silver ceramic looks like just stainless...

Old 09-08-2008, 08:38 AM   #1
Toyota_hic is on a distinguished road
Name: Grant
Toyota_hic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Toyota_hic
silver ceramic looks like just stainless...

Think i got screw'd....but maybe not...you tell me, i ordered JBA shortys...silver ceramic coated...arnt they suposed to have a shinyer finish than the stainless...becaus i think thats wut i got instead of ceramic coated...
send me some pics please if u have any
Old 09-08-2008, 09:11 AM   #2
ubermx5 is on a distinguished road
ubermx5's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to ubermx5
All the Ceramic coating I have ever seen are Dull silver. But they stay that way.
So they never get wierd coloring like SS does.

Do a test.Hook them up run the car for 10 minutes.

THen turn if off. come back in 5 minutes and feel the heat. If it cool enough to touch you have what you asked for. my times might be off, but you get the idea.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:10 PM   #3
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota_hic View Post
Think i got screw'd....but maybe not...you tell me, i ordered JBA shortys...silver ceramic coated...arnt they suposed to have a shinyer finish than the stainless...becaus i think thats wut i got instead of ceramic coated...
send me some pics please if u have any

if u look on the header itself there should be the product number on it... hope this helps
Old 09-08-2008, 01:59 PM   #4
m3dragon is a glorious beacon of lightm3dragon is a glorious beacon of lightm3dragon is a glorious beacon of lightm3dragon is a glorious beacon of lightm3dragon is a glorious beacon of lightm3dragon is a glorious beacon of light
m3dragon's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to m3dragon
Ceramic coated headers are not as good a just stainless steel ones. The Ceramic coating was a old hod rod trick to keep the heat out of the engine bay. Now a days cars are designed to draw the hot air out of the engine bay once you start to drive.

So if you factor in years of use the stainless are better as they are not heat stressed as much as headers with the coating.

Just 2 cents of useless info.