LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Performance Chips????

Old 03-02-2011, 02:42 PM   #21
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
All I can tell you is I love mine, I noticed a boost in power from stock to adding CAI & Exhaust, then another boost in power with chip. (It's a piggyback system so I can flick the ON/OFF switch whenever I want. everything together was about 1000$ from autoanything shipped up to canada. Thats including the 15% Black Friday discount last Nov when I ordered.

One day I will get a Dyno and first place I'll put it is TW.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:49 PM   #22
MURDERED_TACO
nick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud of

nick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtaco07 View Post
what type of tires, im running pro comps/ mud terrains
35X12.50 general grabber. how do you like the pro comps? what kind of price range for 35s?
Old 03-04-2011, 06:52 AM   #23
bigtaco07 is on a distinguished road
Name: nathan
bigtaco07's Tacoma Gallery
ya i have 35x12.5 pro comp and i sooooo hate them..... i will have to change tires by spring, lound, wear horribly... i would not recommend those tires to anyboyd....
Old 03-04-2011, 06:54 AM   #24
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Don't waste your money.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:02 AM   #25
gooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
Name: Kyle
gooch14's Tacoma Gallery
I had always heard that chips didn't do much except for in diesels, atleast that was the word on the streets.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:12 AM   #26
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
time to re gear.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:14 AM   #27
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
URD makes a MAF CAL "chip", it hard wires into your ecu and you can have it programed.

http://www.urdusa.com/Electronics-Pe...duct_info.html
Old 03-04-2011, 07:15 AM   #28
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
URD makes a MAF CAL "chip", it hard wires into your ecu and you can have it programed.

http://www.urdusa.com/Electronics-Pe...duct_info.html
^this
Old 03-04-2011, 04:36 PM   #29
MURDERED_TACO
nick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud of

nick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ya i have 35x12.5 pro comp and i sooooo hate them..... i will have to change tires by spring, lound, wear horribly... i would not recommend those tires to anyboyd....
they say the bf goodwrench are really good and cheaper than the grabbers. that may be my next set. tread looks good too.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:23 PM   #31
bigtaco07 is on a distinguished road
Name: nathan
bigtaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Any thoughts on the nitto dune grapplers??
Old 03-04-2011, 05:27 PM   #32
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Any thoughts on the nitto dune grapplers??

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/search.php
Old 03-19-2013, 05:24 PM   #34
davidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
davidjmay's Tacoma Gallery
Are these things legal in CA? Like the unichip
Old 03-19-2013, 08:57 PM   #35
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjmay View Post
Are these things legal in CA? Like the unichip
Uncertain, your best bet is to call Unichip or URD directly to ask them.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:05 AM   #36
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
None are, including unichip.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:24 PM   #37
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
why does everyone think they're going to drop a piece of plastic in their truck and suddenly get better MPG and horsepower. HOW DO YOU THINK THAT'S GONNA HAPPEN? don't you think they would have designed it better from the factory? why would they design a vehicle that could easily be upgraded by a cheap piece of plastic? it's a ridiculous idea either drop on the supercharger or just enjoy what your truck already is, a formidable, reliable vehicle
Old 03-23-2013, 06:37 PM   #38
davidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
davidjmay's Tacoma Gallery
Biscuits- it makes sense when you take into account that the chip is basically designed to maximize performance in your aftermarket mods. Not a stock engine. They do work, because they allow the mods to work with the engine, not against it. From what I understand... I know they work cause I live in santa ana with all these giant ass lifted trucks and they all have these chips haha
Old 03-23-2013, 06:51 PM   #39
Schwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jamie
Schwinn's Tacoma Gallery
What a lot of people refer to as a "chip" is actually a re-programmer. Talking to the Mustang guys, they'd say they "chipped" their car, when they used a Diablo, which is actually a programmer. Most actual chips are useless, while programmers do make a difference.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:07 AM   #40
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjmay View Post
Biscuits- it makes sense when you take into account that the chip is basically designed to maximize performance in your aftermarket mods. Not a stock engine. They do work, because they allow the mods to work with the engine, not against it. From what I understand... I know they work cause I live in santa ana with all these giant ass lifted trucks and they all have these chips haha
oh I don't doubt the use of aftermarket calibrators that will tune the engine to account for extra goodies like intakes and exhausts, but a lot of guys assume they can buy some magical chip and their stock engine will suddenly become more powerful and get more mpgs

Products Discussed in this Thread