Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Damn Washer Fell!!!

Old 09-11-2008, 08:53 PM   #1
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
Angry Damn Washer Fell!!!

well i was cleaning the maf sensor and as i was putting the sensor back on the intake tube the washer slipped out and ofc didnt fall on the ground and is now stuck somewhere in the engine bay!!! ahhhhhh i looked for 2 hours and still cant find it! now i got no truck for a couple days since im gonna have to order a washer !
Old 09-11-2008, 08:55 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoskim View Post
well i was cleaning the maf sensor and as i was putting the sensor back on the intake tube the washer slipped out and ofc didnt fall on the ground and is now stuck somewhere in the engine bay!!! ahhhhhh i looked for 2 hours and still cant find it! now i got no truck for a couple days since im gonna have to order a washer !
you got a small telescoping magnets?? if not, get someone to grab you one at autozone, and fish around with it. the magnet should catch it if its still there.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:56 PM   #3
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
you got a small telescoping magnets?? if not, get someone to grab you one at autozone, and fish around with it. the magnet should catch it if its still there.

yea but the only problem is that the washer is plastic
Old 09-11-2008, 08:57 PM   #4
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
yea but the only problem is that the washer is plastic
ohhhhhhhhh.....that aint good then. how much was the washer??
Old 09-11-2008, 09:02 PM   #5
Tuned By Gadget

Quote:
ohhhhhhhhh.....that aint good then. how much was the washer??

it came with the k&N intake... im gonna give them a call in the morning and hopefully they can mail me the washer.... damn karma for getting me back for posting that pic of my girl!!!

oh btw ur girl is amazing
Old 09-11-2008, 09:08 PM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
You should be able to find a washer at an auto parts store
Old 09-11-2008, 09:11 PM   #7
Tuned By Gadget

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
You should be able to find a washer at an auto parts store
already went to kragens and pep boys and no luck on that washer
Old 09-11-2008, 09:23 PM   #8
Nor*Cal
norcalbb11 has a spectacular aura aboutnorcalbb11 has a spectacular aura about

norcalbb11's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to norcalbb11 Send a message via Yahoo to norcalbb11
what kind of plastic washer was it you cant just go to an ace hardware or something and get one?
Old 09-11-2008, 09:25 PM   #9

Quote:
it came with the k&N intake... im gonna give them a call in the morning and hopefully they can mail me the washer.... damn karma for getting me back for posting that pic of my girl!!!

oh btw ur girl is amazing
thanks man!!!

what size washer and all......i may be able to send you one!!!
Old 09-11-2008, 09:26 PM   #10
Drew793 will become famous soon enoughDrew793 will become famous soon enough

Drew793's Tacoma Gallery
I hate when that happens man. Not sure if this helps but could you make a temporary washer out of plastic? How big of a washer are we talking? Dime size, quarter? Could use a drill to make the middle and cut/shape the rest?
Possibly make ne out of rubber? Just to get it back together and get you going.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:31 PM   #11
Tuned By Gadget

Quote:
thanks man!!!

what size washer and all......i may be able to send you one!!!

my bad its more of a spacer... im gonna call k&n and give them the part number. i found the instructions and the spacer part number is on there and hopefully they can mail it and be here by saturday since their located in ca
Old 09-11-2008, 09:32 PM   #12

Quote:
my bad its more of a spacer... im gonna call k&n and give them the part number. i found the instructions and the spacer part number is on there and hopefully they can mail it and be here by saturday since their located in ca
if not, let me know. i'll find one for ya that will fit!!
Old 09-11-2008, 09:34 PM   #13
Tuned By Gadget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew793 View Post
I hate when that happens man. Not sure if this helps but could you make a temporary washer out of plastic? How big of a washer are we talking? Dime size, quarter? Could use a drill to make the middle and cut/shape the rest?
Possibly make ne out of rubber? Just to get it back together and get you going.

thats a good idea and if worse comes to worse i might have to do it... but im hoping k&N will mail me one, theyve been good in the past when i needed a gasket and they sent me a new one free of charge
Old 09-11-2008, 09:36 PM   #14
Tuned By Gadget

Quote:
if not, let me know. i'll find one for ya that will fit!!

thanks man ill definitely keep that in mind, ill let u know tomorrow for sure, thanks for the heads up!
Old 09-11-2008, 09:37 PM   #15

Quote:
thanks man ill definitely keep that in mind, ill let u know tomorrow for sure, thanks for the heads up!
no prob brotha!!
Old 09-11-2008, 09:37 PM   #16
Drew793 will become famous soon enoughDrew793 will become famous soon enough

Drew793's Tacoma Gallery
Cool, I hope they get a new one to you asap.
Good luck Tacoskim.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:17 AM   #17
ubermx5 is on a distinguished road
ubermx5's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to ubermx5
I bet home depot has somethingin stock that will work. They ahve over 100 washers and spacer in there bins..

Heck depending on how think it needs to be youcan buy paper Gasket blanks and cut out what you need.

If i was in LA i would come over and help you out. I have fab up more stuff using Home depot parts than you can shake a stick at...
Old 09-12-2008, 11:51 AM   #18
Tuned By Gadget

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubermx5 View Post
I bet home depot has somethingin stock that will work. They ahve over 100 washers and spacer in there bins..

Heck depending on how think it needs to be youcan buy paper Gasket blanks and cut out what you need.

If i was in LA i would come over and help you out. I have fab up more stuff using Home depot parts than you can shake a stick at...

thanks for the help! i talked to K&N today and are mailing me one and should be here tomorrow. they didnt even charge me one penny! no shipping nothing, very nice customer service over there
Old 09-12-2008, 11:56 AM   #19

Quote:
thanks for the help! i talked to K&N today and are mailing me one and should be here tomorrow. they didnt even charge me one penny! no shipping nothing, very nice customer service over there
good to hear you are gonna have it fixed man!!
Old 09-12-2008, 12:00 PM   #20
Tuned By Gadget

Quote:
good to hear you are gonna have it fixed man!!

thanks!

oh and vote yes on tacomaman06!!