1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

maintainence of air filter

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by das56170, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Sep 13, 2008 at 2:42 PM
    das56170

das56170 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma Access Cab 4X4 SR5 (sold), 2002 Tundra Access Cab 4x4 SR5, TRD Offoad
    Tacoma - Flowmaster cat-back exhaust, volant cold air intake, 3" lift with AAL, 285/75 r 16 pro comp xterrains, 1" differential drop, spare tire mod, hypertech in-line speedometer calibrator, debadged
    I have a volant CAI that I put in about 13,000 miles ago. The instructions say that the filter is good for up to 100,000 miles. What do I have to do for maintainence and how often. I saw a cleaning kit on autoanything.com that volant makes. They recommend cleaning every 30,000-50,000 miles and oiling every 10,000 miles. I'm a little concerned about oiling the filter. I don't want to hurt any components in the intake system. What recommendations do you guys have?

2. Sep 13, 2008 at 3:41 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Follow the recommendations of the filter. Get the cleaning kit and follow the instructions closely. After cleaning, allow them to fully dry before oiling. Do not overoil.

I had K&N drop-in filters in the past and I cleaned them once every 6 months (regardless of miles).

Check the filter once every 6 months atleast.... you can make your own decision whehter it needs cleaned or not by how dirty it looks. If in doubt...clean it. A clean filter is much better than a dirty one.

Products Discussed in

To Top