Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

sound clip compilation thread

Old 04-19-2013, 03:22 PM   #221
yota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: E.J.
yota243's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uuuu3ROeDAA its a little muddy but the muffler is actually a candy apple red color. i used some "left over" tail pipe form an old 4 runner and an old ranger to piece together everything to get duals out b/c i dont have a mandrill bender.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:51 PM   #222
90tacoSC is on a distinguished road
Name: Daniel
90tacoSC's Tacoma Gallery
does anyone have a clip of a 4.0L v6 with a 14" magnaflow? I'm having a hard time finding the sound of that
Old 05-01-2013, 11:20 AM   #223
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
I don't... but I do have a video of a 2.7 with an 18" Magnaflow muffler and an LCE header.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrDcnSSa82Q
Old 05-22-2013, 05:28 PM   #224
marine6680 is on a distinguished road
Marines:
marine6680's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffallen29 View Post
Do you guys that modify your exhaust notice any loss in MPG especially the guys that delete your 2nd Cats?Id like to do a full Catback exhaust on mine with a dual outlet muffler and I want a muffler that wont be obnoxiously loud but have a deep rumble.Do any of you notice a power increase or decrease when changing the exhaust?I dont want to do any work that will hurt fuel mileage or power.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
This is pretty much what I'm thinking also. I've never been a fan of anything non V8 with an exhaust system but wouldn't mind making mine a deeper tone w/o making it loud, w/o any interior resonance, and w/o losing mpg's. I'm thinking a Magnaflow as a stock replacement with the original pipe, maybe a tip added.
Similar to my questions/concerns. Want at least a little gain in power and MPG, or at least no loss.

Been trying to find sounds of different exhausts from inside the cab, but I have not found many.

The stock exhaust is very quiet and mellow... too mellow.

I like that it is quiet in the cab, and I want to maintain that as much as possible. All I really want is a little deeper/lower tone but without adding much volume to the sound. At least while driving around town and cruising. Plus a little better flow... If I am going to spend the money, I want more benefit than just a little better sound.

Been thinking a Magnaflow 2.5" in and out, 22" long oval would be a good choice. Better flow and sound without much/any volume gain in the cabin. Not sure If I am going to just swap the muffler or ask the shop to redo the pipe as well, maybe add a simple tip for looks.

Would be nice if I could find a video of this setup from inside the cabin.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:12 AM   #227
setty7 has a brilliant futuresetty7 has a brilliant futuresetty7 has a brilliant futuresetty7 has a brilliant futuresetty7 has a brilliant futuresetty7 has a brilliant futuresetty7 has a brilliant futuresetty7 has a brilliant futuresetty7 has a brilliant futuresetty7 has a brilliant futuresetty7 has a brilliant future
Name: Justin
setty7's Tacoma Gallery
anyone ever done a coffin muffler setup?
Old 08-15-2013, 08:07 AM   #228
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
I decided to try a non-resonated tip on my Flowmaster. It's a lot louder, I was surprised at how much of a difference it made. Anyway, do not like and going back to the resonated tip. But here is proof that resonated tips do work. Now enjoy the Super 10 ultra fart cannon deluxe gold series.

Resonated tip...

http://youtu.be/8HmpGwVcCdU

Non-resonated tip...

http://youtu.be/UW4dt6MO9KI
Old 10-18-2013, 12:36 PM   #229
MindOVERMatter is a splendid one to beholdMindOVERMatter is a splendid one to beholdMindOVERMatter is a splendid one to beholdMindOVERMatter is a splendid one to beholdMindOVERMatter is a splendid one to beholdMindOVERMatter is a splendid one to behold
MindOVERMatter's Tacoma Gallery
stock
http://youtu.be/F3JT0KIjhXc
Old 12-03-2013, 11:05 AM   #230
TacomaZeus is on a distinguished road
Army: GS-14 Classified!!!
Name: John
TacomaZeus's Tacoma Gallery
has anyone done duals on the 2.7? I was thinking about it
Old 12-25-2013, 05:01 AM   #231
immortalmetal is on a distinguished road

immortalmetal's Tacoma Gallery
Whats the benefit of having a new y pipe? Is the stock one restrictive? Does a new one change the tone?
Looking at doing a muffler swap, but I see a lot of oeople have this done too. Is it worth it?
Im mostly looking for a more aggressive sound. And if I get a few extra ponies out of it then thats cool. But not counting on it.
I was looking at swapping out stock muffler for a flowmaster 40 series muffler. Dont know if I want to have turn down out of the muffler or keep stock tip behind wheel.
But the y pipe was my question.
Thanks!
Old 12-26-2013, 04:59 AM   #233
Stuff'd
RadTaco914 has much to be proud ofRadTaco914 has much to be proud ofRadTaco914 has much to be proud ofRadTaco914 has much to be proud ofRadTaco914 has much to be proud ofRadTaco914 has much to be proud ofRadTaco914 has much to be proud ofRadTaco914 has much to be proud ofRadTaco914 has much to be proud ofRadTaco914 has much to be proud of

Name: NEIL
RadTaco914's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody ever run a h-pipe on their 4.0? Thinking of running a h-pipe into a 2-1 dynomax muffler and delete the secondary cats..I've never really seen anyone do it??
Old 12-26-2013, 05:43 AM   #234
yota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: E.J.
yota243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadTaco914 View Post
Anybody ever run a h-pipe on their 4.0? Thinking of running a h-pipe into a 2-1 dynomax muffler and delete the secondary cats..I've never really seen anyone do it??
If u have a 2-1 muffler would it not be easier to let it be ur h/x pipe. having another seems. bit redundant to me.
Old 12-26-2013, 05:56 AM   #235
Stuff'd
RadTaco914 has much to be proud ofRadTaco914 has much to be proud ofRadTaco914 has much to be proud ofRadTaco914 has much to be proud ofRadTaco914 has much to be proud ofRadTaco914 has much to be proud ofRadTaco914 has much to be proud ofRadTaco914 has much to be proud ofRadTaco914 has much to be proud ofRadTaco914 has much to be proud of

Name: NEIL
RadTaco914's Tacoma Gallery
Well you have a valid point..I've just always understood that a h-pipe will give you much more of a rumble and I was thinking it would help with equaling back pressure also.
Old 12-26-2013, 10:18 AM   #236
motoaction22 is on a distinguished road
Name: Cody
motoaction22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixCadet View Post
Is it just me, or do all the other YouTube specific videos sound like crap? I've seen a good amount of ones in real life, then the same in YouTube videos - and they don't sound anything like they really do. (It doesn't seem to be that way with Photobucket videos.)
This is exactly the problem I am having....I can't figure out what exhaust to get because no one has a good quality recording!
Old 12-29-2013, 01:46 PM   #237
vrod671 has much to be proud ofvrod671 has much to be proud ofvrod671 has much to be proud ofvrod671 has much to be proud ofvrod671 has much to be proud ofvrod671 has much to be proud ofvrod671 has much to be proud ofvrod671 has much to be proud of

Name: Brandon
vrod671's Tacoma Gallery
just put this in my 2.7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_559dfoxJug
Old 12-29-2013, 09:53 PM   #238
RELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RELLIM's Tacoma Gallery
IMO a sound clip taken while the engine is at running temp and the truck is
running in overdrive and the torque converter is locked. If its manual overdrive works with a load.
When the EGT temps are the hottest you will have the fastest exhaust speed and the deepest sound.
The EGT is going change the pitch and tone of your muffler note.
It also plays a big part in exhaust resonance. So does rpm.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:19 PM   #239
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
This is a 22" long MagnaFlow with 2 1/4" tailpipe on a 2.7...

Idling...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2X9wPQE2Zw

Accelerating...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvIBURPwtXw
Old 02-16-2014, 09:09 AM   #240
yumyumtaco will become famous soon enough

Name: Kevin
yumyumtaco's Tacoma Gallery
so... this may be repost but im too lazy to look back and read it all,.... doug thorley or LCE with a magnaflow? any sound clips on a 2.7?