Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

sound clip compilation thread

Old 04-28-2009, 10:42 PM   #41
mpleitez will become famous soon enough
mpleitez's Tacoma Gallery
just asking because when i got the DTLT headers i had to replace a sensorssensor and it cost me a bit don't want to really run that risk again, that one of the 02 will seize up
Old 05-10-2009, 10:55 PM   #42
Are you Recreationally Insane?
mr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brant Luckow
mr.trd's Tacoma Gallery
I had one seized in there too when I put my DTLT's on. Toyota says it is called metal transfer and it just happens sometimes. Well I only had 34K on the truck when i did mine. So that metal transferred quick if you ask me. I think it was cross threaded personally... Toyota still has the manifold and is looking at it cause I want them to pay for it.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:05 PM   #43
good they shoud good luck the shop i took it was aftermarket and didn't wanna pay for it.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:07 PM   #44
after they stated the same tha itseized up andi only had about 2k miles practically a new truck and still.....
Old 05-12-2009, 04:18 PM   #45
GoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to all

Air Force: Load Toad (462/2W1)
Name: Jon
GoBlueFan's Tacoma Gallery
2.7L with a 24" Magnaflow installed in place of stock muffler. Not the best sound quality video.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:40 PM   #46
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
not bad. kinda sounds like mine a bit
Old 05-22-2009, 02:17 PM   #47
Muliefever
muliefever has a spectacular aura aboutmuliefever has a spectacular aura about
Coast Guard: First Class Petty Officer
muliefever's Tacoma Gallery
I just made an updated video of my Aero Turbine exhaust. I think it sounds better now, then whan I first got it done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LIMy1R_cjc
Old 05-22-2009, 03:01 PM   #48
TorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to behold

TorenApart's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by muliefever View Post
I just made an updated video of my Aero Turbine exhaust. I think it sounds better now, then whan I first got it done.
Not disagreeing that some exhausts may break in over time (I have no experience with anything other than Aero Turbine), but one thing to keep in mind is the distance at which you are hearing something. I have a remote start on my truck and the sound difference of my truck with Aero Turbine exhaust starting up from 50 yards vs 10 feet is astounding. It's not just the volume. It sounds mean as hell at 50 yards and up close it just sounds generally good. I think the comparison between your 2 videos demonstrates that because the 2 videos of my exhaust 1 2 hours after installation and one 6 months after installation filmed from equal distances are identical.

New
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WmeTVoSi_Y

6 Months
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr2TEKBXwZo

Either way it sounds damn good!
Old 05-25-2009, 02:17 PM   #49
rrtaco is a name known to allrrtaco is a name known to allrrtaco is a name known to allrrtaco is a name known to allrrtaco is a name known to allrrtaco is a name known to all

Name: Colton
rrtaco's Tacoma Gallery
what muffler is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by muliefever View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LIMy1R_cjc
Old 06-02-2009, 12:23 PM   #50
Muliefever
muliefever has a spectacular aura aboutmuliefever has a spectacular aura about
Coast Guard: First Class Petty Officer
muliefever's Tacoma Gallery
Aero Turbine 2525
Old 07-14-2009, 10:49 PM   #51
nytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shednytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shednytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shednytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shednytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shednytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shednytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shednytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shednytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shednytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shednytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
nytmarecoma88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post

is that just duals after the muffler?, or actually dual mufflers?
Old 07-18-2009, 07:12 PM   #52
RPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
RPain's Tacoma Gallery
my 2003 v6 tacoma with the flowmaster super 40 muffler
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f9gI5gxoD94... name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f9gI5gxoD94&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 07-22-2009, 10:18 PM   #53
Banned
bermise will become famous soon enough
bermise's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post
Pipe Bomb & URD Y-pipe both remove the rear Cats... URD Y-pipe is unbeatable when it comes to quality.. But, when paired w/DTLT's it can be harsh & raspy...

Pipe bomb comes with resonators, but still need to do some trial and error to fine tune the sound. Certain RPM's can be anoying w/both. Larger mufflers and resonators help with the effort to obtain a solid exhaust note...

Resonator= resonates sound of exhaust pulse to adjust the note...

Perfomance gain = definate increase in upper RPM. Mainly after 3500 RPM on both. Resinators from the DT Y-pipe dont realy create any restriction to the exhaust flow.

Last but not least, take heed to my previous statement " Trial & Error", seriously a truth when comes to the 1GR...
What would be a better setup for low rpm power and quick throtle response?
Old 07-27-2009, 12:38 AM   #54
Tacomapro is on a distinguished road

Tacomapro's Tacoma Gallery
Magnaflow Exhaust and K&N Cold Air Intake 2.7L

I really enjoy this setup! I have noticed I have to gear down less going up steep hills.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzKUzV56uYo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofr-85Xevd0
Old 07-27-2009, 10:04 AM   #55
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
[quote=Tacomapro;798774]I really enjoy this setup! I have noticed I have to gear down less going up steep hills.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzKUzV56uYo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofr-85Xevd0[/quote]

That sound really good. I would not have guessed that was a 2.7L...
Old 07-27-2009, 12:13 PM   #56
Tacomapro is on a distinguished road

Tacomapro's Tacoma Gallery
My uncle said the same thing. He was surprised when I told him it was a 2.7L.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:42 AM   #57
HILOTOY
HILOTOY will become famous soon enoughHILOTOY will become famous soon enough

HILOTOY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post
DTLT, DT Pipe Bomb, Vibrant 10" Ultra Quite Resonator...

If you listen closely I believe it to be the deepest tone. Sounds hella mean when cruising around

Pic of the Pipe bomb installed:
sounds good........ just got a resonator and going to try it again.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:49 PM   #58
Banned
bermise will become famous soon enough
bermise's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HILOTOY View Post
sounds good........ just got a resonator and going to try it again.
I like it at a idle and low rpms but it sounds like Honda rice rocket exhaust when punching it. No offense, great setup and it's really nice to have the extra hp from the pipe bomb.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:44 PM   #59
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bermise View Post
I like it at a idle and low rpms but it sounds like Honda rice rocket exhaust when punching it. No offense, great setup and it's really nice to have the extra hp from the pipe bomb.
Unfortunately it's because it's a V6 and not a V8.

It definatelly sounds nothing like a rice rocket, but oh well. If you eliminate all four cats you will have this sound,,,

Keep your stock Y-pipe
Old 08-14-2009, 06:06 PM   #60
Enjoying my addiction

Just playing around:

Removed my muffler today, so I could make some measurements. So decided to see how the resonator holds up with the DTLT's...

Sounds frikin mean as hell, but way to loud at WOT

Here is a clip:

I am replacing the resonator with a 24" dual in /dual out Magnaflow. Im sure that will create the perfect rumble, and my exhaust will finally be tuned...