Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Anyone Running NO Cats at all?

Old 09-17-2008, 10:18 AM   #1
Johnny_knox69 is on a distinguished road
Johnny_knox69's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone Running NO Cats at all?

Anyone running no cats at all? What did it do to your Gas? What about the Computer issues? (like no o2 sensers)

I can run what ever I want here in WV, want to go full headers and remove the cats. Not sure on the gas or performance.....

Rock on!
Old 09-17-2008, 11:57 AM   #2
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_knox69 View Post
Anyone running no cats at all? What did it do to your Gas? What about the Computer issues? (like no o2 sensers)

I can run what ever I want here in WV, want to go full headers and remove the cats. Not sure on the gas or performance.....

Rock on!

if u dont have 02 sensors then u will throw a CEL code... ive heard tacos with no cats at all and it sounds pretty bad, raspy and loud as hell. but hey whatever floats ur boat, alot of guys run long tubes with the urd y-pipe and good performance but will lose low end power. check youtube they have lots of videos with that set up
Old 09-17-2008, 12:00 PM   #3
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCnvjLu3oLs
Old 09-17-2008, 12:02 PM   #4
Tuned By Gadget

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1oXwEaG5Go
Old 09-17-2008, 04:36 PM   #6
So you guys think keep 1 set of cats?.............Cats are good?
Old 09-17-2008, 04:36 PM   #7
Tuned By Gadget

Quote:
Cats are good?

if ur a tree hugging hippie
Old 09-17-2008, 04:39 PM   #8
Thats funny....lol with a stock truck would it makes since to remove all cats? Get a programmer of some sort and trick the O2 sensors? Or keep 1 set to have some back pressure?
Old 09-17-2008, 04:46 PM   #9
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Thats funny....lol with a stock truck would it makes since to remove all cats? Get a programmer of some sort and trick the O2 sensors? Or keep 1 set to have some back pressure?
What are you trying to do?? Race the truck, Tow with the truck, or get a specific sound??

Each one of those has a different theory behind it.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:47 PM   #10
Tuned By Gadget

either way ur not gonna be stock cuz ur first set of cats are connected to stock headers... when u get the doug thorley long tubes theres someting u can get to trick the 02 sensor
Old 09-17-2008, 05:12 PM   #11
really just want more power, sound. I do tow 5000# several times a year.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:17 PM   #12
Also I am in an area that I don't have to have the Cats if it benefits me more.......Most guys have to keep them so it makes it hard to get a good answer i guess
Old 09-17-2008, 07:08 PM   #13
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
Towing that much weight you'll need the low end torque.For sound,just replace your muffler.Lot cheaper too.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:37 PM   #14
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i also have a question. im seriously thinking of running doug thorley shortys on my 08 reg cab 4x2. but if i get rid of one set of the front cats and get my rear cats welded on would i still pass emisions??
Old 09-17-2008, 09:15 PM   #15
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridingontrd View Post
Quote:
Towing that much weight you'll need the low end torque.For sound,just replace your muffler.Lot cheaper too.
Dito.. if you going to be doing a lot of towing, you'll want to keep your backpressure up for that low end torque, or invest in a supercharger, then pull the cats to make more power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
yeah i also have a question. im seriously thinking of running doug thorley shortys on my 08 reg cab 4x2. but if i get rid of one set of the front cats and get my rear cats welded on would i still pass emisions??
Depends on the test. I haven't heard of a truck passing or failing with one set of cats, so it could go either way. I wouldn't hold my breath on it if it was sniffer test though.