1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cold Air Intake

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by TAlum04, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Mar 21, 2011 at 4:58 AM
    TAlum04

TAlum04 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    I just bought my truck about a month ago 2011 off road package dual cab tacoma.

Been Looking at my first mod being a cold air intake.

I have seen a lot of people discuss the K&N cold air intake, but I was wondering if there are any other cold air intakes that work better or are worth looking at for the tacoma? I am looking mainly to to try and improve my gas mileage to start so I am also looking at putting in a dry air filter such as the AFE pro dry S air filter if I can get one for the 2011 tacoma, as well as possibly a scanguage. My truck is my main vehicle for daily driving so trying to figured the best cold air intake to help improve my gas mileage. Yes I know this may a be a noob question but I am still trying to learn everything on the fly since this is my first truck. Also is there anything else I have missed on helping to improve gas mileage? I know about the deck plate mod, but I don't know anyone who has ever done it and I am little afraid to do it and screw up my warranty.

2. May 27, 2011 at 12:16 PM
    Frankoo1234

Frankoo1234 Well-Known Member

Member:
    OC
    Vehicle:
    Double Cab 05 Taco PreRunner
    Running boards, Tint
    well iam sure everyone on here is trying to get the best mpg's on thier ride but i think for the most part there arent any real mods that will get you a huge mpg improvement. air intake will if lucky get you 1 to 2 miles more.. manly live everyone says drive like their is an egg under your peddle.. if you feel a jerke or whip when you accelerate at a stop your pressing it to hard ease up on take off.... thats pretty much it haha

Products Discussed in

To Top