Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Muffler & Exhaust Trouble

Old 09-18-2008, 05:34 PM   #1
Ben_Schwarz_09 is on a distinguished road
Ben_Schwarz_09's Tacoma Gallery
Muffler & Exhaust Trouble

what would be the correct size of tubeing going into and out of muffler, i have the stock tubing on it and all i want to do is swap the stock muffler for a new muffler. some people have told me that it is 2.5 in&out and some have told me 2.25.

it would need to be the centered in/out let, am i correct?

and finally to increase HP/TQ along with MPGs, which would be better a Flowmaster Delta Flow 50, or a Magnaflow 5x8 Oval.

does anyone know which lenght for the Magnaflow would be the easiest to put it; if it is too short i have to add on pipe, if it is too long it will not be as loud.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:35 PM   #2
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_Schwarz_09 View Post
and finally to increase HP/TQ along with MPGs, which would be better a Flowmaster Delta Flow 50, or a Magnaflow (dont know which one).

magnaflow=better performance (wide open)

flowmaster= better sound (if u like baffleness)
Old 09-18-2008, 05:39 PM   #3
which magnaflow would you suggest then?
Old 09-18-2008, 05:47 PM   #4
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
u can either get the cat back which is more money, or u can go the cheaper route with just getting a universal magnaflow muffler welded on.

if u take to a muffler shop they'll know which one to use... i think theres a 14inch and 18 inch, maaaybe even a 22inch
Old 09-18-2008, 06:05 PM   #5
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
The stock Y-pipe is 2.25".Your muffler & pipe is 2.5".
Old 09-18-2008, 06:29 PM   #6
so if all i do is replace the muffler i would need one with a 2.5 in in/out let?
Old 09-18-2008, 06:31 PM   #7
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
so if all i do is replace the muffler i would need one with a 2.5 in in/out let?
Yup
Old 09-18-2008, 06:32 PM   #8
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Yes.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:32 PM   #9
hey tacoskim,
how are you liking your K&N CAI, i bought one but have not put it on yet, so i keep it or return it and go with a AFE Pro-Dry S Air Filter?
Old 09-18-2008, 06:34 PM   #10
how are you guys liking the speedway blue color, is it too light for ya (I got mine in the same, but it is still being shipped to me, so i wouldn't know yet)
Old 09-18-2008, 06:35 PM   #11
socolax91,
how hard was it for you to put your halo lights in?
Old 09-18-2008, 06:37 PM   #12

Quote:
how are you guys liking the speedway blue color, is it too light for ya (I got mine in the same, but it is still being shipped to me)
Love mine.