Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

K&N Intake Comparison: 77 Series vs. FIPK

Old 09-24-2008, 04:29 PM   #41
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidro_el_pirata View Post
Gawhd guys it's a finesse thing. Apparently some people just don't have the balls to be patient with things like this
So now I need patience to spend more money, buy an extra cleaning kit, wash, rinse, dry, re-oil a filter? What a fucking joke.

I have 5 kids and a house that needs repairs. It's not patience, it's I don't have time or money to waste on pointless things. Why spend more time and money needlessly on an air filter when the same time and money can go to my kids?
Old 09-24-2008, 06:03 PM   #42
Ben_Schwarz_09 is on a distinguished road
Ben_Schwarz_09's Tacoma Gallery
has anyone ever had their MAF go out on them, and if so, who told them it was??? could it have just been that the dealer was wanting to get you to buy a new one. just asking alot of questions before i choose one
Old 09-24-2008, 06:30 PM   #43
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_Schwarz_09 View Post
has anyone ever had their MAF go out on them, and if so, who told them it was??? could it have just been that the dealer was wanting to get you to buy a new one. just asking alot of questions before i choose one
people have complained about their comp throwing a CEL and it pointing to the MAF
Old 09-24-2008, 07:44 PM   #44
Lean Mean MPG Machine (best = 27)
pidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud of

Name: Stefan
pidro_el_pirata's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
Why spend more time and money needlessly on an air filter when the same time and money can go to my kids?

I'm just a neat freak that has a little time on my hands and a lot of loyalty with K&N. Don't blame me

Besides, I strongly disbelieve that there are any other filters out there that can give the same standard of high performance without being cleaned or replaced often. And if you are going to replace it often, you're just wasting money. Just clean it and re-use.

If you do have a high performance one that doesnt need to be cleaned.. either you spent wayy too much on it to make any of this worth it or it actually does need cleaning and you don't realize it but it's slowly eating away your performance/mpg as it fills up with dirt.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:59 AM   #45
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The AFE is a washable filter. I never said it doesn't need to be cleaned unlike the K&N saying 1million miles before needing to be cleaned. At least that's what it said on the one we put on my mom's Rav4. She now runs an AFE.

Anyway, just wash, rinse, dry the AFE. No need to wash, rinse, dry, oil, wipe off excess oil, dry off before putting back in.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:53 PM   #46
its the K&N million mile warrenty, not you can drive it a million miles with out haveing to clean it, you have to wash it out the same as with any filter.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:20 PM   #47
Devout Atheist

Ah. so that's what it is. I read through the papers before installing it for her and thought it was odd that it didn't need to be cleaned for that long. Papers didn't really explain it clear enough. Made it seem it didn't need to be cleaned that often, which is kinda deceiving. Especially when people say it filters better when dirty...
Old 09-25-2008, 04:46 PM   #48
hey, chudos to me, i out-smarted a "Mod Guru" ... haha jk
Old 09-26-2008, 03:37 PM   #50
Vegans taste like tree bark
schoonie is a name known to allschoonie is a name known to allschoonie is a name known to allschoonie is a name known to allschoonie is a name known to allschoonie is a name known to all

schoonie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
So now I need patience to spend more money, buy an extra cleaning kit, wash, rinse, dry, re-oil a filter? What a fucking joke.

I have 5 kids and a house that needs repairs. It's not patience, it's I don't have time or money to waste on pointless things. Why spend more time and money needlessly on an air filter when the same time and money can go to my kids?
Hmmm....5 kids, you've got enough for a pit crew. Just assign filter cleaning as a monthly chore and you can kick back with a cold one while the youngens do their best to make their pops proud...LOL Obviously, payment for services rendered will be something like one gigantic icecream cone.

Unfortunately that is the only usefull thing that I have to add to this thread. But while I'm here...does anybody have the TRD intake?
Old 09-26-2008, 04:02 PM   #51
Devout Atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoonie View Post
Hmmm....5 kids, you've got enough for a pit crew. Just assign filter cleaning as a monthly chore and you can kick back with a cold one while the youngens do their best to make their pops proud...LOL Obviously, payment for services rendered will be something like one gigantic icecream cone.

Unfortunately that is the only usefull thing that I have to add to this thread. But while I'm here...does anybody have the TRD intake?
HA! Oops! Only 3 kids.... must seem like 5! Still, with enough crap to fix around the house (doors, windows, roof, furnace, water heater, leaky basement) anything that saves me time servicing the vehicles is a plus.